7 replies to this topic

#1 Val

Val

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: puma
Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

Hi!
My puma over revs sometimes and it's really annoying. If the revs have been at lets say 3000rpm for about a minute, if i take it out of gear or put the clutch down the revs will go up to about 5000rpm for about 30secs before returning slowly to a reasonable count. It's been on the diagnostic but no problems were found. I've heard of a few pumas having the problem, but haven't heard any solutions, does anyone have any ideas/ know more about it? Any help would be great thanks :)
Val

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lorraine179

Lorraine179

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Puma

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

I had a similar problem and had to have a lambada sensor replaced.

#3 jedamotorsport

jedamotorsport

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: RS`S
Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hi!
My puma over revs sometimes and it's really annoying. If the revs have been at lets say 3000rpm for about a minute, if i take it out of gear or put the clutch down the revs will go up to about 5000rpm for about 30secs before returning slowly to a reasonable count. It's been on the diagnostic but no problems were found. I've heard of a few pumas having the problem, but haven't heard any solutions, does anyone have any ideas/ know more about it? Any help would be great thanks :)
Val

the fault is the speed sensor on the gearbox.Easy fix.

Jeff

#4 I will fix it!

I will fix it!

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

Sounds like the idle speed control valve or potentiometer. Again easy fix but depending on your year the part could be costly!

#5 jane

jane

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: puma

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

Hiyah Val - This happened to me last week - it turned out to be the air inlet control valve, we took off its 2 bolts,cleaned it with WD40 and wiggled it about the next day - car worked perfectly. Of course it could be any of the other replies too unfortunately but they're not hard to fix. Jane B)

#6 Ytfc76

Ytfc76

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Toby
  • Year: 2000

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

I've had the same problem with my puma, and I've had to disconnect the speedometer from under the bonnet (speed sensor????) and the over revving has stopped!! I just don't know how fast I'm going!?!???
Any ideas please.

#7 Ytfc76

Ytfc76

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Toby
  • Year: 2000

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

I've had the same problem with my puma, and I've had to disconnect the speedometer from under the bonnet (speed sensor????) and the over revving has stopped!! I just don't know how fast I'm going!?!???
Any ideas please.

#8 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,764 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

You need to refit a speed sensor as driving without a speedo is a motoring offence.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users