Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tappin Noise

hardy1812

hi guys,

i've noticed that when my car warms up it sounds tappy on idle, it super quiet when i start it, but then gets this noise but it does disappear if i build up the revs a little, it's a major problem....I'm gunna change the oil n filter to good quality one,(Well some Halfords one that say it for a ford 5w 30)is there any other underlyin problems to worry about,,,,Thxs ian

hi guys,

i've noticed that when my car warms up it sounds tappy on idle, it super quiet when i start it, but then gets this noise but it does disappear if i build up the revs a little, it's a major problem....I'm gunna change the oil n filter to good quality one,(Well some halfords one that say it for a ford 5w 30)is there any other underlyin problems to worry about,,,,Thxs ian

Look under the hood and see if the engine is vibrating/shaking, is it?

had a look and all seem fine, to be honest i'd say it's a more ov an engine tap i mean like the tappets are dry,,,but wot do i know lol i just drive teleporter fork trucks all day,,,,thats why i'm here askin you professionals,, hope that don't sound like takin the schmichael,,,don't wanna offend anyone lol

hi guys,

i've noticed that when my car warms up it sounds tappy on idle, it super quiet when i start it, but then gets this noise but it does disappear if i build up the revs a little, it's a major problem....I'm gunna change the oil n filter to good quality one,(Well some halfords one that say it for a ford 5w 30)is there any other underlyin problems to worry about,,,,Thxs ian

I once had a Renault Megane with exactly the same problem as you described. I never managed to find a solution to the problem, I even replaced all 16 tappets with new ones. This did reduce the tapping but did not cure it. I drove it for 2 years / around 20k miles with the radio on and loud.

I eventually sold the car because of so many other problems typical of a Renault.

Hopefully changing the oil will cure the problem in your case, but what i am saying is that you can drive a car with tapping tappets for some time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club