Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8 TDCI - Rev Counter/Speedo problem

Paul H

I have a Focus 1.8TDCI with an 03 plate.

For the last couple of days the amber engine light, and the red battery light have been coming on intermittently causing the rev counter and the speedometer for want of a better term to 'spin out'!

They are generally stuck on zero, but every now and then the warning lights flicker on and off causing the dials to randomly flick around.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like a alternator problem, check voltage output (13.8volts approx under load) and that there are no loose or broken wires

sounds like a alternator problem, check voltage output (13.8volts approx under load) and that there are no loose or broken wires

Cheers mate, I'll check that out.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bring up an old thread. But I am having similar problem. First happened whilst driving, noticed the battery or handbrake lights would flicker on/off while turning right or left. Then suddenly during driving all of the meters/gauge would zero. I tried restarting the engine but everything has remained zero (temperature, rev count, speed & fuel). I checked to see if the dashboard lights are working when the engine is running and its fine. Do you think it's some sort of fuse or cable problem? Please help!