#16 Dawnl

Dawnl

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: S-MAX 2.5i Titanium Black

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

Hi

Alarm problem sorted,
But now I have another problem, I'm starting a new topic on power steering!!!!!!!

It's funny that so may dealers are afraid of touching fuses - most of the guys had the car in the garage rather than a garage removing a fuse. I wonder if they do not want any responsibility if something goes wrong afterwards. Don't think it's a very good design when you got wiper problems due to alarm syren, do you? Maybe removing a fuse is not such a good idea after all. It's Ok to keep your neigbours happy during one night but driving without might be a problem.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 armybloke

armybloke

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: SMax
Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

I finally had my car looked at despite the rant to my local dealer. I did however make a verbal complaint to Ford Head Office and by jove things began to move pretty fast :rolleyes: . If the car could not be fixed I was going to be supplied witha hire care and Ford have continually followed up every aspect of my complaint and called me serevarl times since to make sure I am content with the repair - it went in twice in the end as they had not reset the warning lnotices so my power steering had a ghost malfunction! Ford repaired and replaced free of charge with lots of humble pie thrown in for good measure. So worth pursuing Ford Head Office people for a resolution and they must have kicked some butt at my local Ford dealer too!! :lol: Happy days - for now :ph34r:

#18 Paul Ch

Paul Ch

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: S max

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

My 07 smax with 26k miles at 22.35 on new years eve developed the alarm sounding problem. 14 times the alarm sounded. Fortunately it couldn't be heard over the explosions of all my neighbors fireworks as much as it would have any other evening. Alarm even sounded when the alarm was left off. The next business day i started the smax to take to main dealer and wipers would not work in the rain in the first instance so I waited for the next day when it was not raining to drive smax to main dealer. The next day I started smax and this time wipers would not stop from wiping the windscreen in their fastest setting but today it was not raining. Typical!
I drove smax to Gates Ford Harlow and parked it in their repairs queue. Wipers were still wiping away in their fastest mode despite car not having keys in ignition so they loaned me a spanner to disconnect battery. Car is out of warranty now so Henrys pockets will be benefiting from the looming repair bill funds due to what sounds like Henrys poor design of the Alarm Control Unit in the first instance.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users