4 replies to this topic

#1 Portland Bill

Portland Bill

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: 52 Mondeo TDCI 130 Ghia X

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hi all,

When I bought my Mondeo, it had no spare wheel or emergency kit as it used to be a fleet car so I'm guessing it was lost at a garage or something.

Anyway, I'm trying to buy a spare wheel for it but I'm struggling to find what I need. The alloys on my car are 17" and the brake calumets are huge and look like they pretty much fill the wheel. They are original calipers so nothing's been changed, but the only spare wheels I can find on the pit are 15" wheels and I'm just not convinced they'll fit.

Does anyone know exactly what size wheel I need? Is it a space saver or a normal steel rim?

Thanks guys.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Ince

Ince

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo Zetec S Ghia 130 Spec TDCi

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

I've got a 53 plate 2.0 TDCi Zetec S Ghia, and mine came with a 15" space saver as a spare

#3 Portland Bill

Portland Bill

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

Nice one. Is yours a 5-stud too?

#4 Ince

Ince

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo Zetec S Ghia 130 Spec TDCi

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Yep, all mk3's are, aren't they? Mine's a facelift tho but my brother in law has a 51 plate estate with the same spacesaver spare

#5 Portland Bill

Portland Bill

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

I called into my local Ford dealership who had a look through my handbook and pointed out that mine should have a 125/85/16 tyre on it, so mustn't be the same size. The estates are often different I think anyway, but I guess I'll go with that.

Unfortunate part is I also discovered my MOT expired a couple of weeks back. Bummer!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users