Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lighting In The Footwell

RyM

Hi there, I have a Fiesta mk7 2011 egde without ambient lighting.

The other day I had a look in the footwell, and on both sides underneath the dash is a small bulb holder. Looks like its suitable for a 501 bulb 12v 5w same as the side lights. However, I put in a 501 bulb and I tried opening the doors and turning the lights on but nothing happened. I really want them to work as I think it would be pretty cool. Any info would be great!!

I think it need to be programed, when you opening your car the head and real light is coming on?

I've not known a case where the bulb holders are there but aren't live. It does have the wiring in doesn't it? Maybe try testing it with a multimeter?

Also try the bulb the other way as it only works one way round.

• Like 2

cheers mate, yeh there is wiring going to the bulb holder, but will check with a multimeter to see if there is current. Just seems strange how the bulb holder is there, but there's no apparent function.

Also try the bulb the other way as it only works one way round.

If it is standard 501 type you do not need to, but if LED yes....

Hi

What colour and how many wires are going to the holder. I dont have any bulb holders in mine but have a spare connector taped in the loom

i had a look for you guys! on my car is one white with blue stripe, and one green with purple stripe...

I think its brown and yellow wires that come off of the bulb holder, then the wires go up into a loom at the very top of the dash.

Make sure that you go into the settings in the on board computer screen, and enable 'Ambient Lighting' :)

Make sure that you go into the settings in the on board computer screen, and enable 'Ambient Lighting' :)

So you have the option to enable/disable the ambient lighting?

So you have the option to enable/disable the ambient lighting?

on the computer thing i think its under vehicle or something like that...

i didn't think the ambient lighting was linked with the footwells though? or is this me just being forgetful again

on the computer thing i think its under vehicle or something like that...

i didn't think the ambient lighting was linked with the footwells though? or is this me just being forgetful again

That's a cool option...

I just plugged two bulbs into my mk7

Job done, didn't have to faff or anything.

Not sure if it definitely does control the footwell's, might do though!

unfortunately my fiesta doesnt give me the option to disable or enable ambient lighting. Its just really strange how it looks like it would all link up but it just doesnt work. i checked yesterday with a multimeter, and there is no power going to the bulb holders, oh well :(

Just done mine . they came on while i pushed them in. 2010 zs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club