Tdci Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spower

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDci

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hi there. I have a 2003 1.8 TDCi Focus with approx 70,000 miles. A couple of weeks ago on the motorway, I noticed a lack of power consistent with the turbo not kicking in. There was no smoke, no smell, no sounds to indicate a turbo blow up. When I pulled into the nearest service station to investigate, I noticed the brakes were very hard when I tried to stop. I had it towed to the nearest main dealer and after a couple of days they diagnosed a broken vacuum pump and broken engine mounting. They fixed these 2 items but after fixing this they now tell me the turbo has blown and are quoting 3,000 pounds for a new turbo. Does this sound right ? Is the vacuum pump and the turbo linked so that both would fail at the same time..... Any help appreciated.....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SteveTDCI

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

Im fairly sure the servo gets brake pressure from the vacuum created in the inlet manifold? Perhaps a damaged turbo would cause a high build up of pressure in the vacuum tube causing your problem.

Long shot maybe but nobody else contributed :/ , Also If it turns out your turbo has gone for gods sake don't pay them 3 grand get a recon or a second hand turbo.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users