Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are Ford Mugging Me Off? Video Of Problem Inside...

Cortexx

Hi All,

My petrol mk7 Fiesta seems to be miss firing slightly and it will not hold a steady amount of revs. If i try and put my foot on the accelerator pedal and keep it still at 2000rpm, the revs will go up and down about 300rpm each side without me moving my foot. You can notice the car juddering at 30mph in 4th gear keeping your foot still, it judders forward and back slightly.

Its just come back from Ford today and they had fitted a new coil (i think it was called a coil) which is meant to fire the spark plugs? This was meant to stop the miss firing issue but the exact same problem is still there!

I'm dreadful with mechanics, so here is a video showing the rev problem and the sound the exhaust makes when the car is just ticking over - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-tvBIjdz2o

Exhaust noise is at 50seconds in

Please can you guys tell me if you think there is a problem somewhere? and what you would suggest to Ford it is? I really feel like a prat going in there without a clue as to what the problem can be, and it seems that if you don't know what your talking about, they will mug you off.

Thank You All

J

I'm not sure what is wrong with your car personally. But I'd get that straight BACK. And demand to get it seen to.

You've had it in before and a new coil fitted. And you still have a problem.

Andy

Yeh i heard the exhaust and cringed. Send it back in and tell them or show them again what you think is wrong. They will know if they run a diog..

Or send it too a diff Ford, i noticed my local one is rubbish so send it further down town.

I could try a different dealer i spose, thanks for taking the time to look at the video, i will call them again today.

That's definitely not running properly!

Could be a fuelling issue (faulty injector?) or a dodgy spark plug. Or even just maybe something like a blown exhaust valve. Whatever it is, though, your warranty should cover it. Just a shame that your dealer doesn't appear to be taking this problem seriously...

iv got the simlar problem but my car is not as bad it feels like its hiccuping but not throwing out no lights on the dash on at idle its doing a simluar thing but every 10 secs on my mk7 but the warranty just run out anyone know or if you solve it let us know and ill try it

Funnily enough i had a problem very much like this..

Was doing about 50mph in 5th, put y foot had down and it started coughing and mis-firing throught he rev range, did it in any gear at any speed.

Ford found problem with coil pack but i think they may well have changed the spark plugs aswell! All done under warranty.

I take it yours is under warranty? If so take it back and say its still not right!

Jack

Most miss firing issues these days seem to come down to the coil pack. Not sure whether the Fiesta has individual coil packs or a block.

Had this with my mk6 though it went into limp home mode was a coil pack issue but my mech suggested I fitted new HT leads and sparks because chances are if the coil pack is broken it will have damaged the lead/spark it was connected to as well. Ask ford to fit new HT leads and Sparks.

I cant belive they didnt check to see if the issue was solved before sending it out???? Thats bad. a call into ford customer relations would sort them out. In the mean time, Go to another dealer

To be fair to the actual ford mechanic who was a nice bloke, he wasn't told the exact problem i was having, the booking girl cant write down what im saying properly it seems.

They had changed the coil pack but its still the same. Luckily ive got a ford mechanic friend who ive took it to and he plugged up their computer diagnostics dongle and didnt find any faults on the ecu's log regarding the miss fires.

Took out the spark plugs and one smelled abit off, its done 26000 miles and at 30000 your ment to change the spark plugs, so im going to buy some through ford and see if they fix it :)

If it isn't the spark plugs, then i really am lost :( there arnt any air leaks either!

Nightmare :(

Turned out to be spark plugs :S put a new set it and everything is back to normal.

Its a shame Ford didn't think of checking them.