• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi All, new member here.

Ordered a New 2011 Focus as a company car at work. One matter I need help with, I ordered the Sony DAB Navigation / Rear Parking Camera (Premium Sound System) at £1000.00

However this optional extra is not shown anywhere in the Ford literature and cannot now be selected on the Car Configurator on Ford's website. Nor is it on the current price list (effective 01/04/2011).

If you look on Youtube, there is plenty of info showing the MyFord Touch system, but I guess this is something totally different ?

Anyone seen any info on it please ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Tacks

Tacks

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1.5 1.8 TDCi

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

Hi,

That option was apparently a mistake on the first price lists - and shouldn't have been listed (which is why it's missing from the current / updated ones).

It should be available in the UK sometime Q4 2011.

The Ford 'Sync' system is 'similar' - but apparently not the same (both have large touchscreens). There's been some debate on whether the listed 'Sony' system is in fact the same system, but with different firmware - no one seems to know though (and I wouldn't count on any 'firmware' upgrades to turn one into the other!) :)

The Sync system (currently available in the US) should be coming to the UK in 2012

-Tacks

(Source: Ford UK)

#3 Nigel S

Nigel S

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: Nigel
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk 2 2.0 Zetec Climate
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

It's like opening a tin of bicuits only to be told that you can't have the custard creams until tomorrow but there are some rich teas and digestives to eat in the meantime.

#4 Tacks

Tacks

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

It's like opening a tin of bicuits only to be told that you can't have the custard creams until tomorrow but there are some rich teas and digestives to eat in the meantime.

lol - It is annoying... I mean cars are expensive - sure some people may 'wait', others will walk. I mean it's not like if you buy one now, you're going to change it in 6 months when the 'better version' comes out (which some people will do for things like 'phones ipods and so on).

For a 'global' car it doesn't feel like a 'global' release.

The 180 PS EcoBoost is also suspiciously missing in the UK as well (but available in other countries) - they're apparently still trying to decide whether to release that in the UK and what versions. News in 2012 again no doubt.

So - really annoying.

-Tacks

#5 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,139 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Really is a nuisance, but then again, Why would Ford want to give you a car that is worth the money, when they can stick a "Prime Angus Beef" sticker on a tin of dog food? Its all they have done with the new Focus, advertise the creme d' la creme of the focus, get you to sign on the dotted line, with a response 24 hours later "Im sorry sir, but I made a "mistake" that car isnt going to be with us for 6 months, how about I give you this car instead which is the same value (just missing a lot of items that give it the same value i.e. the mytouch system) and we call it quits?

Another reason I am glad I walked away...

#6 Tacks

Tacks

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

Another reason I am glad I walked away...

I walked too (literally on the day I was due to order)... On reflection the icing on the cake was the screwup on the media option. The other fly in the ointment was the majority of the UK media getting the 180PS model for reviews - that you can't even buy in the UK*

Don't get me wrong - it's a nice/great car, but as the rather telling ad on the front page of this forum at the time (from another manufacturer) seems to highlight - others are catching up on the tech front, and everything shown (inc. engines) is 'available now' - not soon / maybe / next year.

-Tacks.

*Ok, most do mention that model wasn't shipping in the UK but meh.

#7 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,690 posts
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

lol - It is annoying... I mean cars are expensive - sure some people may 'wait', others will walk. I mean it's not like if you buy one now, you're going to change it in 6 months when the 'better version' comes out (which some people will do for things like 'phones ipods and so on).

For a 'global' car it doesn't feel like a 'global' release.

The 180 PS EcoBoost is also suspiciously missing in the UK as well (but available in other countries) - they're apparently still trying to decide whether to release that in the UK and what versions. News in 2012 again no doubt.

So - really annoying.

-Tacks

As much as I like the new focus from the reviews I've watched/read, I don't feel its very global either. I don't like how we have to wait an extra year for the My Ford Touch system, and I don't like how the US version is called the 2012 focus but ours is labelled the 2011 focus.

#8 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

I've put the question to our fleet administrator at work to do some 'digging' - see what the lead time is.

#9 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Just heard from office, dealer says no prob with order. Car being built 10/06/2011 with Sony Premium Sound System. :D

#10 Marky04

Marky04

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta/Focus

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

sounds good, you wont be sorry we are loving our Focus

#11 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

sounds good, you wont be sorry we are loving our Focus

Hi Marky04, which model you got ?

#12 Marky04

Marky04

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

Titanium 1.6 petrol with city pack, it's the only car we have owned that me and the wife argue over who's going to drive lol

#13 Nigel S

Nigel S

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: Nigel
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk 2 2.0 Zetec Climate
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

Sat in a Titanium at the main dealers in Norwich last Saturday. It is a very nice plave to be. Sadly we don't need (or could afford) a brand new car at the moment. If I had to have a company car I would be tempted by the new Focus.

#14 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

I've ordered the 1.6 TDCI Titanium X (115 BHP Stop/Start). Done it to reduce my company car tax compared with current Honda Civic.

Ordered in Dark Micastone Metallic plus Appearance pack (Gangster windows and keyless entry) plus as said earlier Sony DAB Navigation with Rear View Camera.

Any idea on how long delivery generally takes after manufacture ?

#15 Marky04

Marky04

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

We did think about Titanium X but bigger wheels put us off, we had the windows done 3 days after we picked up the car it looks great.
Not sure how long because we went for the white and they had one available, delivery took about a week, my previous car was the Honda civic had 2 of them just loved the spaceship dashboard
Would be interested to see how you get on with the rear view camera, although we have the Sony DAB which is brilliant we donít have the sat nav.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users