Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Sat Nav

tomo2001

Hi, lets hope so, I'm sure that only the aftermarket sat navs, such as TomTom's or on smartphones, have the ability to change the voice. On car manufacturer supplied 'built in' units it is always the case that they are less 'tweaker' friendly.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cuke

• tomo2001

• Brism

• TitanX Tony

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

Sorry to steal the thread, have had a new focus now for about 1 week.

Have just noticed that the sat nav screen is only showing a two tone colour scheme, black and blue,

like it is in night mode all the time, is there a setting somewhere that I can change this.

It is the Ford built in unit,

thanks

al

Hi all,

Sorry to steal the thread, have had a new focus now for about 1 week.

Have just noticed that the sat nav screen is only showing a two tone colour scheme, black and blue,

like it is in night mode all the time, is there a setting somewhere that I can change this.

It is the Ford built in unit,

thanks

al

Hi Alan,

I don't know about the Ford Sat Nav as my Focus has the Sony unit, but on the Sony there is an option in the menu to change the contrast. This makes it not so dark looking, there may be something similar on the Ford unit.

Hope this helps, Tony

Thanks Tony, is there a night mode?

When we first collected the car the sat nav screen was very colourful, next time we tried it it was

blue and black but we presumed it had changed to night mode, but it has been like that ever since.

al

When we first collected the car the sat nav screen was very colourful, next time we tried it it was

blue and black but we presumed it had changed to night mode, but it has been like that ever since.

al

Hi Alan

I've got the Ford system and have only ever seen the colour scheme you are seeing now

al

Hi, is it not under map display, if it isn't then you can reset the system to its defaults...

Chris

Hi Allen, as I said, I have the Sony unit not the Ford one, but my colours are also blue and black, and there doesn't seem to be any difference between day and night. I must admit, the colours do not seem very natural and I also would be interested in any way to get brighter colours in the display if anyone knows how. As far as I can see, there is not a menu item to change the colours or even differentiate between night and day. Tony

• 3 weeks later...

After 4 months wait I have at long last taken delivery of my Focus Tit X Estate (today!) The Satnav (Sony unit)does not appear to have the rear view camera but it may be me not operating it correctly! The manual gives details how to use it and switch it on etc. but all I get is the reversing sensors showing on the screen so I am not best pleased that I have paid £750 for a Satnav. There is no sign of the lens of the camera near the number plate are as indicated in the manual.

Also in map view the display has a bright yellow line on RHS of the screen running top to bottom (very distracting) There is very little instructions as to the actual satnav op and the manual seems of poor quality.

Early days yet, Suggestions? (polite ones only please!!!)

I think a trip back to your dealer is your best option.

Just checked rear of car in the light this morning, no camera! I was assured that would have one. Back to the dealers then.

Just checked rear of car in the light this morning, no camera! I was assured that would have one. Back to the dealers then.

If i recall the rearview camera becomes part of the Sat Nav from 2012 prehaps your car car a tad earlier

After 4 months wait I have at long last taken delivery of my Focus Tit X Estate (today!) The Satnav (Sony unit)does not appear to have the rear view camera but it may be me not operating it correctly! The manual gives details how to use it and switch it on etc. but all I get is the reversing sensors showing on the screen so I am not best pleased that I have paid £750 for a Satnav. There is no sign of the lens of the camera near the number plate are as indicated in the manual.

Also in map view the display has a bright yellow line on RHS of the screen running top to bottom (very distracting) There is very little instructions as to the actual satnav op and the manual seems of poor quality.

Early days yet, Suggestions? (polite ones only please!!!)

Hi, the Mk3 Focus does not have a reversing camera, yet, fitted from new. Sorry but it is a case of doing your research, although the salesperson was very naughty for telling you it would. This has been posted in this forum before and the current brochure makes a reference to the camera being available from early 2012..

Chris

£750 for a satnav.Ouch :angry:

Hi, eaxctly why I didn't get one for my car, a sat nav with less fuctionality than a tomtom, it's a no brainer really. However I'd have the Sony MyFord 8" touchscreen for £1k easily..

Chris

Would that be ordered from early 2012 or delivered early 2012? Mine was delivered 6th jan 2012 !

I did do my research and was assured by a. Dealer and my supplier that the rev cam would be fitted, now feeling a bit ripped off.....

And the display still has the yellow line on rhs !!

Reported back to dealers, will await response and post back in due course.

Hi, taken form the brochure, "rearview camera functionality available from early 2012". That means from the point of order not delivery of course. I was 'informed' by a 'salesperson' that my 2011 august car order would have a rear view camera, shows how much they know. You need to take your car into the nearest dealership to have them look at the yellow line, if you haven't already. Doesn't sound normal to me and might be a fault with the screen.

Don't waste your time going to the dealer, the distracting yellow line is perfectly normal. It's just part of the graphics !!

post-26051-0-43274700-1326038591_thumb.jOk, Thanks for that, just seems a strange thing to have on the display, on some of the other screens, say when music is playing it's a blue line. What's the point? It just wastes pixels!

Hi, maybe it is some kind of weird colour coding relating to what area of the sat nav/radio/music you are in?

Chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club