Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Sat Nav

tomo2001

Hi, for a start I can't see it being equal to the Sony unless they keep the premium Speakers, blooming confusing...

Chris

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cuke

• tomo2001

• Brism

• dannyhilton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, bingo!!! just had this reply from a salesman in the area who was replying to a request for a price this week, I quote; "Please note the sat nav quoted is the Sony with Rear view Camera. (this

model will almost certainly be a new build)." He couldn't answer this question a few weeks ago so my guess is he now knows something we don't about the cars that can be ordered from now on. However judging from the price difference this is the all singing and dancing Sony SYNC with the 8" touchscreen.

If you can get the vin number from the dealer once they have been notified that the car has been built then you can put it into here http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=EDF7093451C92691449E8FE7104E4071.dulv1367 you'll get the full details of the vehicle.

Chris

Spoke to Ford Customer Services today who referred me to Ford Technical. Yes there was an error in the teaser brochure and first pricelist showing the Sony system as others have said. The Sony Nav/Rear parking camera system is quite right the new Sync (My Ford Touch) system and is not avaialable until 2012 again previously mentioned in this thread.

After this I spoke to my local dealer who said there is a new brochure coming out and in the brochure it shows the system but now says 'available 2012'.

So the only option is to go for the Ford system if anyone wants sat nav during 2011.

Hi, interesting why then, the salesperson went from quoting me for the Ford sat nav, weeks ago, to being insistent that it is now the Sony Sat Nav with a rear view camera. He knows he's not going to get a deal from me by saying that and he also priced the car accordingly by putting another £1000 on it. As you rightly say there was an error in the teaser brochure, and also the price list, however did they explain why the pictures in the current brochure quite clearly show a Sony with nav and map buttons, why this is also in the manual, which quite clearly indicates a Sony Sat Nav? To go from a Sony system in the Titanium and Titanium X to a Ford Sat Nav is a rip off.

Chris

See here;

My link

Download Ford Focus sheet (says effective 4th Jan 2011). When the document opens it's actually dated 1st April 2011 and option list shows no possible selection of Sony System. It does however mention it underneath the table - Point 4 but cannot be cross referenced to the options table.

Hi, did that before my first posting here, and it was me that said, despite it being listed, it wasn't available until 2012, seems to me that Ford don't know what each other dept is doing. When I went to originally purchase the car when it first came out all the dealers were willing to sell me a car with the Sony SYNC, and, all the internet sites I went to had it in their options list with the price of £1000 as well.

I did ask the salesman for clarification on the Sony Sat Nav with the rearview camera and his answer was, "Hi Chris.. yup to that".

In all there seems to be four Sony systems, maybe this is what is confusing;

The Sony DAB Audio system with a 4.2" TFT screen which is fitted as standard to the Tit and Titx Focus and C-Max, then (possibly) the Sony Sat Nav with a 5" TFT screen shown in the pictures of the Focus brochure, then there is the Sony Sat Nav that has a rear view camera and 5" TFT screen, but this only for the C-Max at the moment, and lastly, there is the Sony SYNC as you said My Ford Touch with a 8" touchscreen and a rear view camera. Anyway, seeing as I'm not actually going to order this car yet, I will wait and see what happens.

Confusing ain't it and seems to me it is confusing all the Ford dealerships.

Chris

From Ford's website;

Ford DAB Radio/CD Navigation system - 5" TFT display, extended integrated control panel, external AUX connection for external music devices, 6 speakers, remote audio and MFD controls, SD memory card slot for data (e.g. music) exchange; navigation data on SD card

So no Premium Sound System - just standard 6 speakers. :(

Anyway update today, can change order providing I give go ahead by lunch time Friday. So now getting Ford DAB Navi and 18" alloys (easy to clean IMHO). Also heard that apparently the candy colours are delayed now (Red/Yellow) as the pigment is manufactured in Japan ? Perhaps that's what happened to the Sony Sat Nav LOL.

Evening first post, picking 1.6dsl black zetec eith satnav up next Tuesday.

Reference your comment on Japan. I have just taken re tirement from a major uk car manufacture, both paint avaiability and electronics have been very badley affected by the recent disaster in Japan. All manufactures are having to review paint colours and watch electronic parts.

Any way does have anyone have a photo of the Ford Sat nav system as fitted to the nex Cmax

thanks

Here you go -

post-22744-0-05493900-1307280168_thumb.p

post-22744-0-41107900-1307280180_thumb.p

Hi, toby53, note that on the C-Max, that you can't have the Sony with the Zetec, it is only an option with the titanium.

Chris

Here you go -

Great many thanks

Hi, toby53, note that on the C-Max, that you can't have the Sony with the Zetec, it is only an option with the titanium.

Chris

Thanks yes I understand this. ours does have the Zectec Ford system, thanks for the reply. Collection for Tuesday

Hi, enjoy, I'm rather jealous really, however I'm looking at a Mk3 Focus, much the same car though...

Chris

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if Ford plan on realsing the Sony Satalite Navigation system in the Focus? I mean they have it in the C-Max? Am tossing between getting the Satalite Navigation or the Premium Sony Unit. *descisions*

Evening first post, picking 1.6dsl black zetec eith satnav up next Tuesday.

Hey matey. What's your opinions of the sat nav system in the Focus? Worth getting, is it voice controlled?

Does anyone know if Ford plan on realsing the Sony Satalite Navigation system in the Focus? I mean they have it in the C-Max? Am tossing between getting the Satalite Navigation or the Premium Sony Unit. *descisions*

Hi, the Sony Myford Sync system is due for release in march 2012 with the 8" touchscreen, that's all I know.

Chris

Hey matey. What's your opinions of the sat nav system in the Focus? Worth getting, is it voice controlled?

Hi, to my mind a satnav system for £550 that looks basic and is a lower quality system isn't worth it. If you have a smartphone the the built in sat nav will be better and far cheaper.

Chris

Thank you so much for your help cuke! Sat in a base model and pumped up the stereo today, and found the Sony unit to be much better in terms of sound clarity. And in terms of looks, it kills the Ford unit. SYNC / MyFord Touch doesn't really interest me all that much, I have to deal with horrid Microsoft computers at work all day so keeping as much of their garbage out of my car is my plan!

Sony Premium Audio it is. Thanks again fella.

*gets ready to order*

• 3 weeks later...

I've only just joined this forum and came across it only recently. I have ordered a new Focus Estate Tit X with th Sat Nav and was a bit concerned about the apparent downgrade to the Ford system from the Sony. Reading the comments has now prompted me to amend my order (I only ordered 3 days ago so changing shouldn't be problem) I can buy a really good sat nav and get a wadge of change from my £550. Would have really liked the Sony Satnav and cam as on the Cmax, Why isn't this possible on the Focus when it's basically the same dash board as the Cmax.

I've only just joined this forum and came across it only recently. I have ordered a new Focus Estate Tit X with th Sat Nav and was a bit concerned about the apparent downgrade to the Ford system from the Sony. Reading the comments has now prompted me to amend my order (I only ordered 3 days ago so changing shouldn't be problem) I can buy a really good sat nav and get a wadge of change from my £550. Would have really liked the Sony Satnav and cam as on the Cmax, Why isn't this possible on the Focus when it's basically the same dash board as the Cmax.

Hi Brism

Don't be put off the Ford system is great. I was concerned about the sound quality but this is not the case. Its very rare I have the system above volume 7 or 8 as this prove too loud (System goes to around 40??). The Sat Nav is brilliant and even when the system is not being used, if you are heading towards traffic disruptions - eg road closed, roadworks etc. you still get a spoken message advising you of this !! The display also shows the speed limits on the roads you are travelling on, a bit like the traffic sign recognition part of the 'Driver Assistance Pack'. Also when the sat nav is used you can change a setting so that the directions are shown also on the instrument cluster in front of you so you can switch the main display off (to radio/ipod/cd etc.) and still see your route guidance displayed right in front of you.

Hope this helps !!

I agree I am very pleased with the sat nav. Ours was a demo so wasn't particularly wanting sat nav but its already proving very useful. The stereo is also very good although the Speakers in the back vibrate a bit with bass up. Not sure if the Sony system would correct that.

I agree I am very pleased with the sat nav. Ours was a demo so wasn't particularly wanting sat nav but its already proving very useful. The stereo is also very good although the speakers in the back vibrate a bit with bass up. Not sure if the Sony system would correct that.

Cheap fix to replace/upgrade the Speakers but usually this can be fixed using good sound insulation e.g. Dynamat

Thanks for the info. I've cancelled the SatNav option but have ordered a Focus Estate Titanium X 1.6td with the 'drivers assistance pack', 'Adaptive cruise control' and the 'Appearance Pack' In Panther Black, Interestingly my local Ford garage quoted me £750 for the Sony DAB Satnav option, where they got this from I've no idea but I've asked for an explanation as to the accuracy of this quote. Delivery Mid Dec....

Hi, on a Titanium it is still £550 option, but still far too much for what it gives for my liking...

Chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club