Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hi, lets hope so, I'm sure that only the aftermarket sat navs, such as TomTom's or on smartphones, have the ability to change the voice. On car manufacturer supplied 'built in' units it is always the case that they are less 'tweaker' friendly.
Chris

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#77 alans220

alans220

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hi all,

Sorry to steal the thread, have had a new focus now for about 1 week.

Have just noticed that the sat nav screen is only showing a two tone colour scheme, black and blue,
like it is in night mode all the time, is there a setting somewhere that I can change this.

It is the Ford built in unit,

thanks

al

#78 TitanX Tony

TitanX Tony

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2.0 Titanium X (163)

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hi all,

Sorry to steal the thread, have had a new focus now for about 1 week.

Have just noticed that the sat nav screen is only showing a two tone colour scheme, black and blue,
like it is in night mode all the time, is there a setting somewhere that I can change this.

It is the Ford built in unit,

thanks

al

Hi Alan,
I don't know about the Ford Sat Nav as my Focus has the Sony unit, but on the Sony there is an option in the menu to change the contrast. This makes it not so dark looking, there may be something similar on the Ford unit.
Hope this helps, Tony

#79 alans220

alans220

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

Thanks Tony, is there a night mode?

When we first collected the car the sat nav screen was very colourful, next time we tried it it was
blue and black but we presumed it had changed to night mode, but it has been like that ever since.

al

#80 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

When we first collected the car the sat nav screen was very colourful, next time we tried it it was
blue and black but we presumed it had changed to night mode, but it has been like that ever since.

al

Hi Alan

I've got the Ford system and have only ever seen the colour scheme you are seeing now

#81 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

al

Hi, is it not under map display, if it isn't then you can reset the system to its defaults...
Chris

#82 TitanX Tony

TitanX Tony

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2.0 Titanium X (163)

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

Hi Allen, as I said, I have the Sony unit not the Ford one, but my colours are also blue and black, and there doesn't seem to be any difference between day and night. I must admit, the colours do not seem very natural and I also would be interested in any way to get brighter colours in the display if anyone knows how. As far as I can see, there is not a menu item to change the colours or even differentiate between night and day. Tony

#83 Brism

Brism

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: Brian
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

After 4 months wait I have at long last taken delivery of my Focus Tit X Estate (today!) The Satnav (Sony unit)does not appear to have the rear view camera but it may be me not operating it correctly! The manual gives details how to use it and switch it on etc. but all I get is the reversing sensors showing on the screen so I am not best pleased that I have paid 750 for a Satnav. There is no sign of the lens of the camera near the number plate are as indicated in the manual.

Also in map view the display has a bright yellow line on RHS of the screen running top to bottom (very distracting) There is very little instructions as to the actual satnav op and the manual seems of poor quality.

Early days yet, Suggestions? (polite ones only please!!!)

#84 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,734 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

I think a trip back to your dealer is your best option.

#85 Brism

Brism

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Just checked rear of car in the light this morning, no camera! I was assured that would have one. Back to the dealers then.

#86 volts

volts

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Just checked rear of car in the light this morning, no camera! I was assured that would have one. Back to the dealers then.

If i recall the rearview camera becomes part of the Sat Nav from 2012 prehaps your car car a tad earlier

#87 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

After 4 months wait I have at long last taken delivery of my Focus Tit X Estate (today!) The Satnav (Sony unit)does not appear to have the rear view camera but it may be me not operating it correctly! The manual gives details how to use it and switch it on etc. but all I get is the reversing sensors showing on the screen so I am not best pleased that I have paid £750 for a Satnav. There is no sign of the lens of the camera near the number plate are as indicated in the manual.

Also in map view the display has a bright yellow line on RHS of the screen running top to bottom (very distracting) There is very little instructions as to the actual satnav op and the manual seems of poor quality.

Early days yet, Suggestions? (polite ones only please!!!)

Hi, the Mk3 Focus does not have a reversing camera, yet, fitted from new. Sorry but it is a case of doing your research, although the salesperson was very naughty for telling you it would. This has been posted in this forum before and the current brochure makes a reference to the camera being available from early 2012..
Chris

#88 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

750 for a satnav.Ouch :angry:

#89 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi, eaxctly why I didn't get one for my car, a sat nav with less fuctionality than a TomTom, it's a no brainer really. However I'd have the Sony MyFord 8" touchscreen for £1k easily..
Chris

#90 Brism

Brism

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Would that be ordered from early 2012 or delivered early 2012? Mine was delivered 6th jan 2012 !

I did do my research and was assured by a. Dealer and my supplier that the rev cam would be fitted, now feeling a bit ripped off.....

And the display still has the yellow line on rhs !!

Reported back to dealers, will await response and post back in due course.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users