Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot wont open and rear wiper wont.. wipe!

PaulD76

Hello

I brought a Ford KA for my wife in 2005 and its been a good little car.. but now it has a problem thats hopefully nothing major.

The boot has always been a bit tempremental to open.. sometimes id have to press the button and push down to get it to open.. but now it just wont budge.

Also the rear wipers have stopped doing anything, the water comes down but just leaves a clear trail :(

Any advice? seems funny they both stopped around the same time. Dont wanna take it anywhere unless i can avoid it..

Cheers :D

first thing is to check for any broken wires or contacts in the wireing loom at the boot hinges.

Cheers! I will take a look tomorrow when its light and hopefully not so cold!!!! I also dont think the rear window demister is working, but the lights are working! Are they 3 things on one set of cables??

PS i should have mentioned i cant actually open the BOOT at all, even with the key. i will have to have a proper look tomorrow from the back seats!

Is there a way to manually open the boot? It seems the problem is the contact, i can see a bit of tesco bag has got stuck in between (damm tesco! lol)...

I also read this which seems to explain the problems im having.. the only problem is now i cant open the boot to clean it!!!!

"Actually, an intermittent faulty boot release and rear wiper sounds like a dirty contacts to me. Make sure that shiny copper bit on the inside "lip" of the boot isn't obscured and has a clean contact with the corresponding bit on the ridge on the bottom of the door-hatch itself. If it doesn't make contact. then these electrics won't work."

hurah i fixed it..

in the back, bit of wrestling, took of a plastic panel which gave me better access, checked all the cables, sprayed a bit of wd40 at the lock. removed as much stuck plastic as i could and bingo! hurah.

even the wipers and demister works again. good news