• Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yoda

Galaxy Wiper Issues

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

First post and yes I'm a person in need!! I own a 2004 TDI Galaxy.

My front wipers have a fault. They will move slowly in a intermittent motion, moving then stopping, approx. six times. They get part the way up the screen and stop altogether. When you move the wiper stalk to the of position they return to park an stop. If you do this several times they will eventually wipe the screen and work, but a little slowly.

I know similar problems have been covered on here already but my symptoms are a little different.

I haven't had chance to look at it yet but intend to do so as soon as possible. Any help and advice would be very, much appreciated.

Hi Yoda,

same thing happened to me last year and its the bearings seizing up on the wiper mechanism.

I've heard that you can sometimes free them up by greasing them but dont know how as mine were replaced by AA on a servie plan

John49

Hi,

First post and yes I'm a person in need!! I own a 2004 TDI Galaxy.

My front wipers have a fault. They will move slowly in a intermittent motion, moving then stopping, approx. six times. They get part the way up the screen and stop altogether. When you move the wiper stalk to the of position they return to park an stop. If you do this several times they will eventually wipe the screen and work, but a little slowly.

I know similar problems have been covered on here already but my symptoms are a little different.

I haven't had chance to look at it yet but intend to do so as soon as possible. Any help and advice would be very, much appreciated.

i had a similar issue, i opened the bonnet and using WD40 and straw, sprayed everything connected to the wipers that should move. i went OTT, but felt that the cost of half a can of WD was worth it. 3 weeks on, they're still working fine