Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

hhhugues

Mondeo Or Focus, Which Is Best Value For Money ?

29 posts in this topic

they are not a serviceable item. They were built defective which means that they just seem to gunk up and choke then start mis-spraying. Depending on what currency you use, your looking at around say €100 per injector to be reconditioned, or €200 per injector for a new one, then garage bills on top to get them coded to the car.

Ohh that's definitely a cost I want to avoid! Maybe id be better to go for a focus

Do you know anything about the 1.8 Flexifuel? I've got the 1.6 duratec in my Fiesta but I think it would be less great in a Focus due to the added weight

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

cant say I have had much experience with the flexifuel system so cant offer too much advice but I always question the balance between the extra weight to carry the extra fuel source, versus the actual MPG gain you get from it... if it was costing an extra 5 MPG to lug it around, but you save many many more MPG's then its worth it, but it seems a daft excercise to say waste 5MPG carrying it and only gaining say 8MPG by using it....

That is a fair point James, the reason I am looking at the 1.8 Flexifuel is because it is what 8/10 Focus estates are on the second hand market in Sweden.

The Mondeo sounds like a risky buy unless I can find one with swapped injectors and I have never found a comfortable seating position in a Focus. I guess I'll just need to keep looking for something else.

Thanks for the advice though