Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Lighting Obsession Continues...

Nico.

first it started with them dam DRL leds i had (which are now long gone due to them being possibly the most annoying thing in the world)

then footwell lights wired to the back

and now...

a spare light i had over being used in the boot

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

and the new, proper DRL's i have just bought, not linked them up yet but the picture shows where i think i may chuck them in

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

was originally going to put them above the reg plate where the grill bends, but they are to fat, if they was a little thinner they would sit nicely, so 2nd best place is there off pictures... thoughts anyone???

oh and as i put in a past post, i would love if someone could come out with how to wire them in properly rather than into the sides, i may just hook them into the sidelights for the time being though until i crack it!

I think they'll look a bit better below the number plate, a bit more discreet. If you moved the one in the picture a bit more left will it sit flush with the grill edge? That'd look really good if it did I think. Or have you tried them the other way round, sitting along the bottom of the grill?

Be sure to take pics when you get them running :)

Looks promising...keep us posted once the job is done.

By the way, don't mind me asking, is the Jag yours? :D

I think they'll look a bit better below the number plate, a bit more discreet. If you moved the one in the picture a bit more left will it sit flush with the grill edge? That'd look really good if it did I think. Or have you tried them the other way round, sitting along the bottom of the grill?

Be sure to take pics when you get them running :)

yeah it does fit in snug against there, but i couldn't get it to sit there without me holding it, not bothered to mount them yet until i attach them up...

as for the upside down idea i did think of it myself afterwards i will have a nosey at it an wack a picture up for ya'll

Looks promising...keep us posted once the job is done.

By the way, don't mind me asking, is the Jag yours? :D

mine, no... my dads lol... i get the pleasure of cleaning it every week :) oh and that involves moving it ;) hahaha

i must say though, them boot lights are brilliant at night!!!

mine, no... my dads lol... i get the pleasure of cleaning it every week :) oh and that involves moving it ;) hahaha

That's a great car...

Loving the drls fella, good location aswell.

Where did you buy them from and how much?

Cheers

first it started with them dam DRL leds i had (which are now long gone due to them being possibly the most annoying thing in the world)

then footwell lights wired to the back

and now...

a spare light i had over being used in the boot

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

and the new, proper DRL's i have just bought, not linked them up yet but the picture shows where i think i may chuck them in

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

was originally going to put them above the reg plate where the grill bends, but they are to fat, if they was a little thinner they would sit nicely, so 2nd best place is there off pictures... thoughts anyone???

oh and as i put in a past post, i would love if someone could come out with how to wire them in properly rather than into the sides, i may just hook them into the sidelights for the time being though until i crack it!

Loving the drls fella, good location aswell.

Where did you buy them from and how much?

Cheers

my drug.... eBay :P haha i too addicted :( cost me hy of 20 quid

my drug.... ebay :P haha i too addicted :( cost me hy of 20 quid

Well...they have some good deals out there :D

By the way, post the end results, I am really curious...

Well...they have some good deals out there :D

By the way, post the end results, I am really curious...

am reluctant to wire them into the sides, as last time i did that with me old drl's they flashed alternately with the indicators, so i wanna try and find out how to do them proper... think i got it sussed just need find out where bits are lol

Hi Nico,

When are you ftting the DRL's and how do they attach to the grill?

Cheers

Is this you in the video ?

Now that's is going to far !!!

Is this you in the video ?

Now that's is going to far !!!

Most likely not, because the car in the video is from Spain :D

Nico

I had a set of leds below my headlights like you (See pic below), but the leds started to fade.

Mine were wired into my fuse box so they were on as soon as i started my car, through till i turned it off.

I checked which connection to wire it to by placing a multimeter on the connecters. Then started my car and when the reading went up, followed by it goingstright back down then i wouldnt use that one as there wasnt constant power through it. i have a mk 6.5 zetec so the wiing may be diffrent.

drl2.jpg

cheers for all the post's guys while i not been looking this thread had built up lol B) as for videos of me on the web... there is one :P lets say its not fully legal but hey ho i found a straight unused road and declared it a drag strip for the night with my mates ZX6R ninja and the fez lol... but that vid... well wow haha what a guy!! thats utter rubbish

as for the dimming issue, i aint too sure really :S seems abit of a baffler only thing i can say, and its the whole reason i getting shut of that style and going proper, the lights them self are a pain and quite easily die off... but without sounding daft just check over all connections again its abit odd that

and to answer the fitting them to the grill... i going getting myself a small sheet of metal and cutting them into some sort of shape to hold them up, the reason i got these lights so cheap is they were minus the bracket and i said i dont mind making my own, all it needs is a straight piece of metal with 2 holes the right distance in, as the lights have 2 metal poles sticking out the back threaded so you can bolt them on

and i think i nearly there with these now :) :) got all the gear just need made the bracket as i said and wire them in :)

and i think i nearly there with these now :) :) got all the gear just need made the bracket as i said and wire them in :)

Good luck!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club