Do Not Sell My Personal Information

miles with full tank

chris*3

hi , i got a cmax 2.0 tdci phase IV and when i fill up tank , i got a reading of 440miles with full tank is this normal ?????? thanks for u r help

i dont know the size of the tank on the c max but you should avarage 44-50mpg, so if its a ten gallon tank it sounds about right.

i dont know the size of the tank on the c max but you should avarage 44-50mpg, so if its a ten gallon tank it sounds about right.

thanks for answering me , the size of the tamk is 53 litres

thanks for answering me , the size of the tamk is 53 litres

Just under 12 gallons. With regards to the computer saying 440 miles i wouldn't rely on that as the chances are once you start driving, that figure will go up and down depending on how and what roads you drive on.......ie expect better consumption on long journeys when you stay at a steady speed and don't change up and down gears. In other words, town driving will be worse than motorway driving! The 440 is probably a starting figure for the computer to work to.

• 3 weeks later...
Just under 12 gallons. With regards to the computer saying 440 miles i wouldn't rely on that as the chances are once you start driving, that figure will go up and down depending on how and what roads you drive on.......ie expect better consumption on long journeys when you stay at a steady speed and don't change up and down gears. In other words, town driving will be worse than motorway driving! The 440 is probably a starting figure for the computer to work to.

the figure changes according to 'previous' driving style. Also, the computer isn't very accurate, around town I get 33mpg from my tdci 2.0, but when filling (full to full) it is actually around 38, that's 2-5 miles journeys from cold. On a long run taking it relaxed c 60-70, it's closer to 55 mpg. At the higher end, it overestimates, and at the lower end, underestimates.

Still not figured out why it takes so long to turn over every morning in the cold though, as the batterys fine!

• 7 years later...

Get around 42 mpg. Was getting around 39 so when it was serviced they said the previous garage had not changed it. Sure enough the consumption fell. (Auto gearbox.)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club