Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Massive Crack :(

iNath

Went to the cinema last night - returned to my car (in the pouring rain!) and found this:

imag0176s.th.jpgimag0178h.th.jpg

Yes a 14.5" crack through my windscreen! No idea how it got there. I can see a big chip in the middle of the crack that would have started it but I don't believe it's a stone chip. a) I would have something that size! B) I would have noticed it on the way to the cinema!

I don't know whether someone has thrown something in the car park or what?

Time to put in a claim, get booked in to Autoglass and pay my £70 excess :(

Are you fully comp? It should be free.

Even if you arnt Fully Comp, £70 for a new windscreen aint bad, it looks like some kind of stone chip to me though.

Similar thing happened to me, following a lorry and a stone chipped my window, i got some and it was smaller than a 5p. Went in doors to called my insurance company and they asked me to measure the crack. As i put a ruler on the windscreen, the cracked expanded by 7 inches :(

Most insurance charge now (even for repairs where it used to be free is £10)

I'm with Admiral [fully comp] and they charge £70 which isn't the end of the world, especially as it's heated would cost a bomb otherwise!

I'm still certain I would have seen or heard that chip when driving, deffo would have noticed the crack as it's right in drivers vision!

I had mine done about 2 months after owning it, massive stone from a lorry.

Elephant charged me £70, it's not a Pilkington one, and the heated element doesn't cover the entire windscreen like the proper ford one but what can you do.

In response to dLockers post,

With your windscreen replacement did it still clear the screen as well as the Ford one did? Surely they should put the same make and 'style' screen that the car comes with?

I'm with Elephant too so was just wondering for future reference if it does happen to me I know what to expect..