BIGGSY

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8 petrol 125

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

Hey Peeps

I have a 2010/59 plate ford focus zetec in vision blue. I saw another one the other day with the back door windows,rear quater windows and rear boot window tinted and thought it looked really good. Do any of you know of a mobile company around the Rutland/leicestershire area that is reasonable and well recommended? that will do window tinting.

cheers

Biggsy

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Name: Shane
  • Ford Model: C-max 2.0litre. Ghia EST. 2005
  • Year: 2005

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

This is something i would love to have done on my black focus too. Reasons are they create a bit of privacy in the back and cool the car on hot summers days and thirdly cause it looks cool.
Wonder what the going rate is to have this done?

#3 grabster

grabster

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: mk1 focus

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

Here in Belfast it costs 120 although you can haggle it down to 100 as there are so many competitors that want your buisness.
Looks great as well when its done right.

#4 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport, KA Luxury
  • Year: 2008

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

Ive had two quotes in Essex. 155 + VAT and 170 + VAT. Neither were mobile.

I may just buy the fitted blinds/shades for 80 instead.

#5 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Name: Shane
  • Ford Model: C-max 2.0litre. Ghia EST. 2005
  • Year: 2005

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

Its a pity all the windows cant be tinted as this would suit me, but the law says no.

#6 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,137 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

i got mine done for 140 (inc military discount). comes with lifetime guarantee. im just getting used to looking through the windows at night...i fitted reversing sensors (15 and 30 mins of time) just to help a little.

#7 PaulStevo

PaulStevo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6TDCI 60
  • Year: 2012

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

Was going to ask about this myself but saves starting a new thread..
Just got a focus titanium and asked before i got it off ford direct to have window tint done on rear of car as they are on other fords..
After inspection of the job i found the odd bubble here and there and speckles on both rear door windows also the tint is too dark not like factory ford ones.
Question i have is is the glass on the pre ordered cars (new ones) tinted glass or is the glass on the car tinted via a film at ford factory.
Reason im asking this is because i bough the car on the strength that the tint would be identical to other cars i viewed..
Its just the car i ended up with had everything i wanted minus the tinted rear this was not a problem i was told and the tint job would be identical to factory pre tinted cars..
Took car back today and they agreed the job was very poor waiting on phone call later to see what i want to do..
If i cannot get the desired result the cars going back.
Can i get a job done to exact standard of the factory ford focus tint.

#8 shawty1984

shawty1984

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S (59)

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Was going to ask about this myself but saves starting a new thread..
Just got a focus titanium and asked before i got it off ford direct to have window tint done on rear of car as they are on other fords..
After inspection of the job i found the odd bubble here and there and speckles on both rear door windows also the tint is too dark not like factory ford ones.
Question i have is is the glass on the pre ordered cars (new ones) tinted glass or is the glass on the car tinted via a film at ford factory.
Reason im asking this is because i bough the car on the strength that the tint would be identical to other cars i viewed..
Its just the car i ended up with had everything i wanted minus the tinted rear this was not a problem i was told and the tint job would be identical to factory pre tinted cars..
Took car back today and they agreed the job was very poor waiting on phone call later to see what i want to do..
If i cannot get the desired result the cars going back.
Can i get a job done to exact standard of the factory ford focus tint.

As far as I'm aware, the factory 'tinted' windows are as dark as you can get them. The windows from the factory are 'tinted' or what I like to use better, darkened glass, there is no film over it. If you have bought the car without tints and they had to be added, then most probably they would have to use the film.

#9 merlin

merlin

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCi

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

There are different levels of tint. Limo being the darkest. Having compaired one tinted after, and mine with standard Ford tints I,m convinced that the Ford tints are not as dark as I can still see thro them if the angle and lighting on the other side of the window is right. With limo its more difficult. The rule is to remember that if you do darken the front side windows, they must still allow at least 70% light thro(check current law tho)or if stopped by bill and ben you'll have to remove it, prove it and if involved in a accident and they prove your tints affected your visibilty they may throw blame at you and your insurance may say bye bye. I think its 75% light thro rear windows. Remember they carry machines that check this!!! As for fitting I was quoted 120 for my Fiesta before I swapped it. You can buy DIY kits, but if you make a mess of it you'll end up paying a pro to make it right anyway.

#10 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,137 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

from the guy who tinted mine, claims Jennings Ford in Gateshead bring them their new cars for him to tint so they dont do it at factory but rather get local guys who come highly recommended.

try and find your local guy who the dealerships use and you will get it done cheaper than what the dealers want.

if you have bubbles it is definately covered under the tint warranty, if you got it.

#11 shawty1984

shawty1984

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

There are different levels of tint. Limo being the darkest. Having compaired one tinted after, and mine with standard Ford tints I,m convinced that the Ford tints are not as dark as I can still see thro them if the angle and lighting on the other side of the window is right. With limo its more difficult. The rule is to remember that if you do darken the front side windows, they must still allow at least 70% light thro(check current law tho)or if stopped by bill and ben you'll have to remove it, prove it and if involved in a accident and they prove your tints affected your visibilty they may throw blame at you and your insurance may say bye bye. I think its 75% light thro rear windows. Remember they carry machines that check this!!! As for fitting I was quoted 120 for my Fiesta before I swapped it. You can buy DIY kits, but if you make a mess of it you'll end up paying a pro to make it right anyway.

I pretty sure that Fords privacy glass is as dark as you can get, limo black. Also all rear windows can be as dark as you want them to be.

#12 PaulStevo

PaulStevo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

As you say Merlin the tint on the ford is slightly more see through i noticed this today when comparing mine next to another titanium..(ford factory)
Now im still a bit unsure as shawty1984 is saying the glass is tinted ie no film..yet what john H says seems to be what im getting told at my dealership the cars go to local trader to complete the work.(obviously the one they used was pretty poor or was having a bad day).
The tints i was offered were full black (the one thats on now )thats the darkest you can go so the bloke told me, or one slightly lighter which has a somewhat bluetint to it,which i think would look stupid on the car..
Cars going away wednesday to be re done just had the call...
Think the black thats on now is ok just needs to be bubble free...
Will post some piccys when my cameras charged.
Also bloke said dont wash car or use windows for a week for the film to take properly is that correct?
thanks Paul

#13 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport, KA Luxury
  • Year: 2008

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

The standard tint in the fords looks like dark smoke which allows 20% light in. Limo is the darkest and allows only 5% light and is far darker than the standard Ford tints. Especially noticeable as you cannot see in at all.

#14 shawty1984

shawty1984

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

As you say Merlin the tint on the ford is slightly more see through i noticed this today when comparing mine next to another titanium..(ford factory)
Now im still a bit unsure as shawty1984 is saying the glass is tinted ie no film..yet what john H says seems to be what im getting told at my dealership the cars go to local trader to complete the work.(obviously the one they used was pretty poor or was having a bad day).
The tints i was offered were full black (the one thats on now )thats the darkest you can go so the bloke told me, or one slightly lighter which has a somewhat bluetint to it,which i think would look stupid on the car..
Cars going away wednesday to be re done just had the call...
Think the black thats on now is ok just needs to be bubble free...
Will post some piccys when my cameras charged.
Also bloke said dont wash car or use windows for a week for the film to take properly is that correct?
thanks Paul

Ford Factory tints are darkened glass and not film. As far as I'm aware, the garages only get local people to do it if the car is already been built and you want the tints on. This was offered to me when buying my 08 reg Focus Zetec (if they were not already on the car as they were not sure). Again, I'm also pretty sure that Fords privacy glass (darkened glass, factory fit) is the darkest you can get, limo black, I'm sure it is.

#15 PaulStevo

PaulStevo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

Ok now its getting really bad ,
Car came back after a so called re application of the tint and suprise suprise they have tried to get the bubbles out and have not suceeded.
Now it looks even worse they have also caused slight abrasions to rear drivers side glass..
Im going back tonight for a one to one with sales manager and salesman.
Asked over the phone if i could activate the 30 day no quibble exchange ..they said i cannot because "I" have modded the car...
Im not best pleased ..Also car came back from sub contractor with dirty mats and lots of debris in rear of car...
Really thinking of giving car back getting my money and waiting for car that the glass has been factory fitted..As i think the salesman has told some white lies to me..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users