Photo
- - - - -

Mk6.5 Fiesta St Or Mk7 Zetec S

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Mk6.5 Fiesta St Or Mk7 Zetec S (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Mk6.5 Fiesta St or Mk7 Zetec S?

1. St (10 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Zetec S (35 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

Same gear box, different suspension (10mm lower) and more "sporty" seats in the ZS. I also think the ZS has different stearing to make it feel more sporty - could be wrong on that. Other than that, Titanium is a better all rounder :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

i got a zetec 5 door 1.2 so what do i know lol... but if it was my money, TIT all day long... zetec s are brill but as mentioned on here, you cant tell outside the difference between them 2 when you get the dress up kit, and inside the tit comes with more

#18 jmbrown91

jmbrown91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 EcoBoost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

It was the long list of gadgets that won it for me with the Titanium..and the fact that you can get the body kit on too just made it that whole lot better a deal :rolleyes:

#19 Motocrossmad

Motocrossmad

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Name: stewart
  • Ford Model: Fiesta zetec s 1.6
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

I have a mk6.5 st and am selling it as ive ordered my mk7, delivery in 6 weeks. The st is a fantastic car but ive had it 2 years now. The mk 7 looks so much nicer, its comfier and just feels nicer to drive. Its much better on fuel aswell, which ays a big part for me. Also cheaper to run and insure. Im saving 800 a year buying a new car......

#20 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Name: Tato
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Im saving 800 a year buying a new car......

That's a lot...

#21 Motocrossmad

Motocrossmad

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Name: stewart
  • Ford Model: Fiesta zetec s 1.6

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

Yeh it cetainly is. 940 fully comp on new zetec s and 1835 on st.

#22 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

However, the Titanium is a much better all round car than the ZS.

That's quite a statement :blink:

#23 Sam C

Sam C

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi Mark VII

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

I went for the Zetec S because I thought the sports seats were more comfortable, the standard wheels are nicer than the titanium wheels and it has no chrome. I know wheels can be changed, but mine is a lease car so no can do.

I test drove both and genuinely thought the S was a mildly better steer, although there was nut much in it. The only thing that bugs me is you can't get cruise on the S, I have no idea why. I think the ride is fine on my S, people who complain about it should try a BM with M Sport suspension of a Cooper S. I've had both and the ride was bone shaking on both.

I voted Zetec S because I'm not a fan of the previous ST, it was always out gunned by its rivals. I think other junior hot hatches of the time are better; Cooper S, Clio 182.

#24 FiestaZpower

FiestaZpower

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Name: Lee
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Ti-VCT

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Petrol mk7 zetec s = the best but expencive...old shape st? U can get one for 4 grand... both great cars...you have great taste! :-)

#25 ford=win

ford=win

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Name: Rob
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 Metal
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

I love the Zetec S and will defo be getting one this year funds allowing, think a Zetec S with ST engine could be pretty potent lol

#26 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,422 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Contributor

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Zetec S with h Mountune 155 package if you're really bothered about the performance.

#27 Jack_P

Jack_P

Local Rep: Northamptonshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

I can only vouch for the ST as i own one.

Mountune it to 185 and you will be laughing :D

#28 fletchie

fletchie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: jean
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s
  • Year: 2009

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

I went for the Zetec S because I thought the sports seats were more comfortable, the standard wheels are nicer than the titanium wheels and it has no chrome. I know wheels can be changed, but mine is a lease car so no can do.

I test drove both and genuinely thought the S was a mildly better steer, although there was nut much in it. The only thing that bugs me is you can't get cruise on the S, I have no idea why. I think the ride is fine on my S, people who complain about it should try a BM with M Sport suspension of a Cooper S. I've had both and the ride was bone shaking on both.

I voted Zetec S because I'm not a fan of the previous ST, it was always out gunned by its rivals. I think other junior hot hatches of the time are better; Cooper S, Clio 182.

I've had a Cooper and a Clio 182 and have to say the Clio wins all round in comfort and speed. Having a work green car scheme whereby you are paid by the amount of CO2 emissions your car has, unfortunately meant the Clio had to go about 3 years ago. I have very fond memories of it. I then leased a Titanium when the Clio was sold and it is a better car than the ZS, no question. Shame I couldn't afford one at the time when the lease was up on it.

#29 Columbo

Columbo

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

I've had a Cooper and a Clio 182 and have to say the Clio wins all round in comfort and speed. Having a work green car scheme whereby you are paid by the amount of CO2 emissions your car has, unfortunately meant the Clio had to go about 3 years ago. I have very fond memories of it. I then leased a Titanium when the Clio was sold and it is a better car than the ZS, no question. Shame I couldn't afford one at the time when the lease was up on it.

Having also owned a Clio 182 they are no way comfier than a ZS.

I kept mine for nearly 3 years and flogged it because of the rattles &squeaks (only had 40k on it) which plagued the car.

Great fun to drive but very poorly built.....its probably the only car I've sold and don't miss!

#30 Jordanch

Jordanch

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Name: Jordan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

I think end of the day it's about getting the best quality out of your money. If you're looking at a MK7 Zetec S or a 6.5 Fiesta ST which are identically similar money, for example 6000 then you'll find you get more for your money with the ZS as long as it's got some packages on it that aren't standard. Personally I think the older fiesta shape looks out dated and I'm not a fan of the interior whereas the MK7 I think is a better sized car and better styling as well as interior. Like others said the ST in comparison to it's rivals several years ago power wise wasn't great - I would much prefer the Clio 182 over the ST. It's your money, but preference wise I would chose the ZS. But have you not considered other cars for the money you have? What is your budget? You'll be surprised what cars you can get instead of the MK7 ZS or MK6.5 ST!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users