Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Fuel Additive

Ben Purdy

Hi

I have a Focus 2009 model 1.6 Diesel. Just taken it for its 37,500 mile service. Ford have called me to tell me i need to fork out another £150 for the diesel fuel additive. Is this correct for a reasonable low milaged car.

When should this be done?

Many thanks

Ben

Hi

I have a Focus 2009 model 1.6 Diesel. Just taken it for its 37,500 mile service. Ford have called me to tell me i need to fork out another £150 for the diesel fuel additive. Is this correct for a reasonable low milaged car.

When should this be done?

Many thanks

Ben

Sounds like you have been caught out by the DPF! The bill your have been given is for the 37.5k EOLYS Fluid additive. This is the Fluid used to clean / Regenerate the DPF filter as your driving normally. Unfortunately for Ford, this is normal because they dont use a maintenance free DPF Filter as of yet.

If you dont know what a DPF filter is its basically a hyped up catalytic converter.

Sorry to break the news also, but as you dont seem to know what the DPF is, you may find it useful to know that when the 70k / 6 year service comes up, you will probably have to find a large sum close to £1000 for replacement of the DPF filter...

Sounds like you have been caught out by the DPF! The bill your have been given is for the 37.5k EOLYS Fluid additive. This is the Fluid used to clean / Regenerate the DPF filter as your driving normally. Unfortunately for Ford, this is normal because they dont use a maintenance free DPF Filter as of yet.

If you dont know what a DPF filter is its basically a hyped up catalytic converter.

Sorry to break the news also, but as you dont seem to know what the DPF is, you may find it useful to know that when the 70k / 6 year service comes up, you will probably have to find a large sum close to £1000 for replacement of the DPF filter...

think i'll be changing cars again before the 70k service :rolleyes:

think i'll be changing cars again before the 70k service :rolleyes:

haha :) I guess you didnt know about the DPF then?

The EOLYS fluid is every 37.5 / 3 years and the DPF is every 70 / 6 years.

haha :) I guess you didnt know about the DPF then?

The EOLYS fluid is every 37.5 / 3 years and the DPF is every 70 / 6 years.

the dealer mentioned it but forgot to mention how much and when it needs replacing etc, which i'm slightly annoyed about, thinking about going back and kicking up a stink lol but i'm still a happy bunny with the money i'm saving on fuel compared to the ST, i just dont smile as more when i'm driving lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club