#1 buzzbee

buzzbee

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Buzz
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi 130 LX
  • Year: 2005

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I have a 2005 Mondeo TDCi and have had various starter and DMF issues since buying the car. I had the starter replaced about 6 months back and the DMF replaced by a solid flywheel more recently.

Now, I am having more problems. When I turn the key in the ignition, the engine starts immediately, but them immediately makes a worrying noise, before I have let go of the key.

The best way I can describe the noise is this. If you have ever tried turning the ignition when the engine is already running, you often hear a kind of grating noise. This sounds just like that.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,791 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

I have a 2005 Mondeo TDCi and have had various starter and DMF issues since buying the car. I had the starter replaced about 6 months back and the DMF replaced by a solid flywheel more recently.

Now, I am having more problems. When I turn the key in the ignition, the engine starts immediately, but them immediately makes a worrying noise, before I have let go of the key.

The best way I can describe the noise is this. If you have ever tried turning the ignition when the engine is already running, you often hear a kind of grating noise. This sounds just like that.

is it possible the starter is not releasing quickly enough?

#3 buzzbee

buzzbee

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Buzz
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi 130 LX
  • Year: 2005

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

is it possible the starter is not releasing quickly enough?

If it is, is that a simple adjustment of some kind, or could it get expensive?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users