Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Navs

ffiscool

Hi, I am thinking of buying a sat nav for the car.. my Garmin is so old now and def needs updating. I have read reports on the Garmin 3760T and 3790T but like with anything, so many people with negative comments and software failure issues

SO.... just wondered who thinks what out there and what you may have bought recently, that you think is good?

I have always favoured Garmin over Tom Tom, but willing to be converted :-) ;)

I have a tomtom One IQ Routes Edition. Its a brilliant little SatNav that only cost me £90 from Halfords. But do you need one for use in Europe? As I only needed mine for UK use.

I'm opposite to you, I've always favoured tomtom, but to be honest there isn't much I've found to diffretiate the cheaper SatNav's from one another these days.

I really like the TT one IQ routes, it has live info on traffic and can re-route if needed, has up to date speed camera's, including speed traps on motorway roadworks, quickly finds and sustains a strong GPS signal, and has a pretty long battery life, around 7 hours.

Hope this helps :)

Kris

I have a tomtom One XL, easy to use, plenty of downloads for it (different voices, startup/shutdown images, car symbols etc), good size screen - HOWEVER if I was buying a new sat nav now I might be tempted to go for the one that sits in a casing alongside your rear view mirror even though its smaller - just for neatness

I got a tom tom something or other cant remember but it cost a fair bob... keep it in the secret pocket in car ;) and its a brilliant thing, better than the built in systems on my parents merc and jag by miles... and as for the mirror sat nav, that did tempt me too but i dunno i guess i would need to hear abit more on that before i went for it

Thanks. Will look at TT specs and some in the

flesh. One of my friends has built in, in an

expensive BMW and it's not all that. End of

the day recommendation is far better.

...forgot to add I think the mirror one was expensive - especially for the size of the screen and not being on of the biggest well known brands.

Shop around and try them out in store before deciding on one.

Paul.

Asked about having the "MirrorNavi" fitted when I purchased my Titanium 1.6 in March. service Manager was less than luke warm about the product and advised that as it uses the same electrical bus as the automatic windscreen function that facility would be lost. Seemed a bit suspect to me but tomtom on my iPhone with the car kit mounted on a dashboard beanbag provides an ideal solution. This fits neatly on the dash just to the right of the instrument cluster.

...forgot to add I think the mirror one was expensive - especially for the size of the screen and not being on of the biggest well known brands.

It's a standard Garmin Nuvi in the mirror ... so definitely one of the biggest well known brands ... but indeed a small version.

http://www.ford.co.uk/AboutFord/News/CompanyNews/2010/SatNav

a5op3.jpg

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5264&hl= garmin mirror&st=15

It's a standard Garmin Nuvi in the mirror ... so definitely one of the biggest well known brands ... but indeed a small version.

http://www.ford.co.uk/AboutFord/News/CompanyNews/2010/SatNav

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5264&hl= garmin mirror&st=15

Oh I thought MirrorNavi was the manufacturer - I didn't realise that was just Ford/Garmins name for it.

• 2 months later...

Just been tidying up my Favourites and came across this sat nav mirror again - its been reduced to £55.

On the off chance does anyone have one, or one similar, and what do you think????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250784838437&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&afsrc=1

thanks

Just been tidying up my Favourites and came across this sat nav mirror again - its been reduced to £55.

On the off chance does anyone have one, or one similar, and what do you think????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250784838437&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&afsrc=1

thanks

I use the new Copilot Live Premium on my iPhone & that works very well, my wife uses the Garmin 255WT which I think is great, easy to use & update if needed ;-)

thanks

Cheap hong kong tat in a brand new car?

Your call...I personally just doctored a tomtom nav mount..

Tomtom%20%281%29.jpg

Ah, I probably should have mentioned - I have a tom-tom one xl which if fine, I just like this whole mirror idea as it's the only place to have a built in sat nav in the fiesta. Just thought it would be neater than the having one hanging on my dash/air vent. Plus there's no messing about having to put it away when you leave the car.

Maybe I'm just being very lazy

i have a free iPhone app called Skobbler. just stick my phone onto the windscreen mount and use bluetooth, it dims the music when it tells me a new direction with clear displays and is relitvly quick at calculating new routes and is very accurate with times, distances and arrival estimates etc. hasnt let me down once... yet!

i have a free iphone app called Skobbler. just stick my phone onto the windscreen mount and use bluetooth, it dims the music when it tells me a new direction with clear displays and is relitvly quick at calculating new routes and is very accurate with times, distances and arrival estimates etc. hasnt let me down once... yet!

Hmm gonna give this a shot on the way to work this morning, cheers Calum.

Still interested in the mirror setup though.

I bought a Tom Tom when they were first starting to get popular years ago and it was crap, it always lost the signal and sent you the wrong way. A little while ago I bought a Tom Tom Start and couldn't believe how much they have improved, it's much better than the old ones.

We are fitting our first garmin mirror nav to a Fiesta titanium this week for a customer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club