Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farewell And Thanks For All Your Help In The Past

IMW

As the title says, I'm leaving the FOC and I just wanted to thank everyone for the help I've received and for the information I've got from the forum in general.

Why did I get rid of the Focus?

1. It was too big for my needs really. I needed a load space that would take my fishing tackle and the estate did this ok but I always felt that the generous cabin space made the car too big and too heavy with a knock-on affect to the performance and fuel consumption. Now, if Ford made a Fiesta estate...

2. The frequent need to buy replacement wheel caps - the blue oval centre disc must have been stuck on with flour paste I think.

3. Hard to clean allow wheels. Ghia owners will know what I mean.

4. The seats attracted dust something rotten. Perhaps the fabric they used was not an anti-static variety?

5. Poor kickdown. It was like bad turbo lag without the turbo.

6. I fancied a change.

Apart from the above, it was a fine car.

Cheerio.

All the best! what did you P/X the focus for in the end, if you dont mind my asking?

An "08" plate Peugeot 207 SW. Smaller but still gives me the load space I need.

Good luck with your ventures then IMW!

IMW - I will look forward to you visiting the peugeotforums.com then :lol: if your interested we have loads of guide and usefull hints and tips my user is (john_h)

An "08" plate Peugeot 207 SW. Smaller but still gives me the load space I need.

All the best Ian, catch some big ones or exaggerate a little :rolleyes:,

The Frenchies are OK until they go wrong, least ways that's what my mechanic says, he's a German motor fan mind, running a Passat and a Merc long in the tooth tourer.

All the best Ian, catch some big ones or exaggerate a little :rolleyes:,

The Frenchies are OK until they go wrong, least ways that's what my mechanic says, he's a German motor fan mind, running a Passat and a Merc long in the tooth tourer.

Leaving it till this evening before I fade away so I can respond to your comment about "OK until they go wrong"; I was influenced by the sheer number of Peugeot's on the road so not everyone believes that remark. I would accept that the hot hatches may blow up occasionally due to over-enthusiastic thrashing but I'm sure that Pierre can make cars (almost) as good as Otto and Hans. At least, that's what I hope!!! :)

IMW - I will look forward to you visiting the peugeotforums.com then :lol: if your interested we have loads of guide and usefull hints and tips my user is (john_h)

I haven't been to that site - I've joined the 207 owners club at www.207oc.com - but I will check it out. Thanks John.

I was influenced by the sheer number of Peugeot's on the road so not everyone believes that remark.

Oh there are a lot on the roads I'll give you that. Mind you by and large ownership falls in to two categories. Young drivers lacking much knowledge of motors in general, but swayed by the pugs perceived "image" The other category being retired school headmistress's tootling along in their four door 205's holding every body else up. :rolleyes:

I realise those two categories appear to contradict each other, but when you think about it, one is lacking the knowledge and the other.....well when did school teachers ever know anything about the workings of the combustion engine. ;)

Son-in-Law [funnily enough] fitting in neither cat 1 or 2, had a hot Renault sport jobbie. Well I say hot it was never out of the garage long enough to become mildly tepid. :D

i have to admit, i loved my 307...the only problem was the fact it was never ending money pit of things going wrong. i do have to say though catch, that myself included, went for the pug for the sheer fact of it being cheap on insurance and cheap to buy. which is a massive thing nowadays. you can say why didnt i buy the fiesta, but back in the day the fiesta was the north east chav mobile of the year...admittantly they look really nice now and i cant get enough of fords.

Now as for the 205, that falls into the two groups you have claimed. the "ultra chav" (typically found in essex or county durham) or the "im too tight and maybe yorkshire to buy a new car".

from being a super mod on the pug forums, we dont see many faults with the newer vehicles but rather the 206 and 307 being the culprit. even still they get the same faults as reported on here, the DPF! Clutches related to the DMF!

Oh and did you know the newer peugeot/citroen engine, found in the 207, was designed and made by BMW.

Oh and did you know the newer peugeot/citroen engine, found in the 207, was designed and made by BMW.

It is a very willing engine and what you have said is very encouraging! :)

I have joined Peugot Forums and my username is webby. See you there!

Adios all...