Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Soft Top

smcdonald1000

I can't open the rear compartment where the soft top goes :angry: - I'm pressing the button (they key is in the correct position) and it's no opening - any ideas?

also - is there a way of opening it from inside the boot?

There is a cable-pull in the boot compartment. It has a red handle and lies beneath the hanging flap of carpet that separates the roof area from the rest of the boot. But be very careful when you pull this as the tonneau cover will pop up and then hit the boot lid, removing some of the paint. If there are two people, it's much easier - one to keep the boot lid low whilst pulling on the cable, the other to catch the sudden release of the tonneau cover. It can be done with just one person - a quick tug on the handle, then shut the boot quick!

Once the tonneau cover is open, you'll be able to see the release and the electrical connections in the centre of the opening, behind the roll-over hoops. There is an electrical connector that has to be disconnected when the hard top is put in place. This is done to make sure that the tonneau release doesn't pop up when the hard top is on, as it will then prevent the central locking from opening the boot, except by opening the lockable compartment between the seats, that is, and turning the key in the lock inside. The connector is on the left-hand side of the release, and should just push back into place. Just feel around for that loose cable and put it back in place.

Hope this helps.

Nick

• 1 month later...

I can't open the rear compartment where the soft top goes :angry: - I'm pressing the button (they key is in the correct position) and it's no opening - any ideas?

also - is there a way of opening it from inside the boot?

Hi, I had the same problem, the boots was open, hence the botton does not do anything. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

First thing you should be checking is your fuses, start with the simple stuff :).

Hi, I had the same problem, the boots was open, hence the botton does not do anything. good luck

Happens quite often :P.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club