• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wilbyforce

wilbyforce

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: C-Max
Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

I've owned my 3 year-old C-Max since April this year. For a good few months the remote key fob has worked fine but in the last 2 months I've gone through 2 fob batteries. When the batteries are good the fob works normally. Does anyone know if they can malfunction and drain batteries abnormally quickly?

Many thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

I've owned my 3 year-old C-Max since April this year. For a good few months the remote key fob has worked fine but in the last 2 months I've gone through 2 fob batteries. When the batteries are good the fob works normally. Does anyone know if they can malfunction and drain batteries abnormally quickly?

Many thanks.

Anything electrical using batteries can and sometimes do drain the batteries. I have a set of verniers that should auto switch off, the screen goes black as if theyre switching off but within a day or two the batteries are dead. All i can do is replace the battery so it sounds like you 'may' need a new keyfob unfortunately. I'd check the connections first though in the fob.

#3 wilbyforce

wilbyforce

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

it sounds like you 'may' need a new keyfob unfortunately. I'd check the connections first though in the fob.

Thanks Russ. :)

#4 c-maxxer

c-maxxer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: C-Max CVT auto Zetec
Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

I had a Puma with basically the same key remote. I accidentally went swimming one day with the key in my pocket. After that the battery went flat in a week or so every time I renewed it.

In my case I took the key to pieces, removed the battery and gave the electrical circuits a thorough clean with switch cleaning spray (Servisol). I wiped the key clean, left it overnight, put it back toether and then refitted the battery. the battery then lasted ages.

Worth a try maybe ?

#5 wilbyforce

wilbyforce

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

In my case I took the key to pieces, removed the battery and gave the electrical circuits a thorough clean with switch cleaning spray (Servisol). I wiped the key clean, left it overnight, put it back toether and then refitted the battery. the battery then lasted ages.

Worth a try maybe ?

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. It's about 3 weeks since I put a new Energiser battery in and it seems fine. I'm hoping that I've just learned that (IMO) Tesco own brand batteries are rubbish.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users