Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Zetec Se No Compression

Milhouse87

Hi all

New here as I am looking at buying a 1999 1.6 focus. It is selling cheap as it has no compression on no 3 cylinder. Went and looked at it today and removed the plugs, no 3 plug and cylinder was wet but had no marks on top of the piston. I am thinking it is a stuck valve so will be easy to fix but just wanted to check with those in the know if there is another common fault that causes this. Engine has done 211,000 kms.

Cheers

Craig

the rings at the top of the piston could also be worn causing it to have low or no compression on that cylinder

the rings at the top of the piston could also be worn causing it to have low or no compression on that cylinder

or a burnt valve, buy it with the opinion it may need rings or valve and factor car value with high miles minus job price and pay a bit less for inconvenience and gamble factors. if it turns out to be sticking valve then THATS A BONUS if you buy expecting sticking valve and it turns out to be rings KICK IN KNACKERS, good luck, steve

211,000km is 131,109 miles.

As they have said above buy it expecting the worse.

A whole second hand engine is cheap enough anyway.

Over here you could get a second hand engine for under 339 Euros

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club