Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre ware

Mighty Wigan

I have an 06 registered ST TDCI Mondeo, I have had this car for about 18 months and in that time I have had to put three sets of (not cheap) tyres on it. I love the car but this tyre issue is doing my head in. I have had the tracking checked and adjusted but have just put the third set on with only 6 months use on the last lot.

Anyone else had an issue like this ? I drive it fairly sensibly so it's not due to hard driving.

I have an 06 registered ST TDCI Mondeo, I have had this car for about 18 months and in that time I have had to put three sets of (not cheap) tyres on it. I love the car but this tyre issue is doing my head in. I have had the tracking checked and adjusted but have just put the third set on with only 6 months use on the last lot.

Anyone else had an issue like this ? I drive it fairly sensibly so it's not due to hard driving.

Not being sarcastic but it's an ST and although you say you don't drive it 'hard' are you sure? I'm assuming your putting a whole set of tyres on and not only the front?

Cheers for that, had it in for alignment check yesterday and they said the alignment was slightly out. He also said that i should only expect about 8-10 k out of them. That probably tallys well with the mileage I get. I love my car but the thought of putting tyres on it every 6 months gets my goat.

Time for a change.

mondy mk3 tdci's are notourius for eating front tyres if the pressures are not correct. read about it here

http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/topic.a...T%20tyre%20wear