Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Is Heavy

masumba

well its been a year since i had this heavy steering problem with my 2000 focus 1.8

the garage reckoned the pump ,so i had it changed and its only a very slight improvement .its okay when you turn the wheel a quarter turn both ways then it gets gheavier specially on full lock

pump has been changed old fluid flushed out and replaced and still no real improvement .if anyone has any ideas it would help

thanks in advance

kevin

The only thing I can think of is the same problem you get on the KA's. The UJ on the steering column siezes up. You can try smothering it with grease but is only a tempory fix if it works. You may be looking at a new steering column. If it is this, at least it cheaper than getting a new rack.

You really need to find a better garage to have a look at it.

hi, there are a number of causes to your problems on your car...

1. water runs down wiring loom into pump electrics...repair new pump AND new modified and re-routed loom

2. engine loom chaffing around engine/box area....check repair

3. oil leaks at the power steering pump.... install a new power steering pump shaft seal

do you have any messages on dash? what year/milage is car?

regards steve

hi, there are a number of causes to your problems on your car...

1. water runs down wiring loom into pump electrics...repair new pump AND new modified and re-routed loom

2. engine loom chaffing around engine/box area....check repair

3. Oil leaks at the power steering pump.... install a new power steering pump shaft seal

do you have any messages on dash? what year/milage is car?

regards steve

im afraid im not a mechanic steve but ill get the garage to check those points out.

there are no dashboard messages and fluid level is constant at max .the mileage is 57000 and the year is 2000 .also ive just done a mpg test which was a disapointing 32mpg .that seems really low to me .

many thanks

kevin

im afraid im not a mechanic steve but ill get the garage to check those points out.

there are no dashboard messages and fluid level is constant at max .the mileage is 57000 and the year is 2000 .also ive just done a mpg test which was a disapointing 32mpg .that seems really low to me .

many thanks

kevin

well im not sure on the steering but mpg i do 9.3 miles to work and another 9.3 back but i get between 37-40mpg thats average speed of 60mph some hills and a bit of start stop driving thats using Shell unleaded supermarket fuels dont give good mpg also check youre brakes arent binding tyres at correct pressure.as with all mpg tests where you drive and how as well as the weather effect mpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club