1 reply to this topic

#1 Graham Hinton

Graham Hinton

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: S-Max 2.0 TDCi Titanium

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hi all,

I'm just about to buy (almost certainly) a 56-Reg 2.0 TDCi. However the boot floor cover that is supposed to be attached to the back of the 3rd row seats doesn't stay clipped in, which really irritates my wife. For some reason the retaining clips won't stay in place. Is this a problem anybody else has come across, and how have you solved it? I know that this is a pretty minor irritation compared to the issues that others have raised, but, as I said, it really irritates my wife, and I want to avoid an irritated wife! I can manage to irritate her on my own without any assistance from a car!
Cheers all.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 137699

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 S-max Titanium X Sport 2.5T

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

It's a very common problem on the early smaxes. The clips are made from very soft nylon and the tips of the clip simply wear away and no longer hold the carpet to the seat back. On 2007+ models they did away with these rubbish parts and fitted magnetic clips instead - it's very easy to change to the later magnetic parts - you can buy them from your ford dealer quite cheap.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users