Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Graham Hinton

Boot Floor Cover Retainers

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm just about to buy (almost certainly) a 56-Reg 2.0 TDCi. However the boot floor cover that is supposed to be attached to the back of the 3rd row seats doesn't stay clipped in, which really irritates my wife. For some reason the retaining clips won't stay in place. Is this a problem anybody else has come across, and how have you solved it? I know that this is a pretty minor irritation compared to the issues that others have raised, but, as I said, it really irritates my wife, and I want to avoid an irritated wife! I can manage to irritate her on my own without any assistance from a car!

Cheers all.

It's a very common problem on the early smaxes. The clips are made from very soft nylon and the tips of the clip simply wear away and no longer hold the carpet to the seat back. On 2007+ models they did away with these rubbish parts and fitted magnetic clips instead - it's very easy to change to the later magnetic parts - you can buy them from your ford dealer quite cheap.