Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 Diesel Part Throttle Problems

Mondeoman

Got a problem on my 06 2.2 TDCI,,,It's been fine for months then the other day my fuel low warning light came on at 50 miles left as indicated by the display ( sometimes not very accurate i know ), but i normally let it do that,,,i noticed after a run (approx 15 miles at 70mph) that it was running lumpy on tickover and was hesitant to respond to the throttle.It sometimes stalled when i went to change gear and basically it was a bugger to drive slowly ( High speed no problems )..I thought i'd let the fuel get too low , so i went and put £30 of Shell diesel in..Then gave it a blast for about 5 miles.Still the same when i came to turn into my street...I'm thinking dirt has been pulled into somewhere, but surely the filter would stop this...I've checked round for signs of fuel leakage and splits in pipes to no avail....Please help guys and galls......Bill

An update on my problem, it's still doing the same when ticking over or just at the point of accellerating...In desperation i unplugged the MAF sensor on the air box, my diagnostic tool showed air flow of around 175g/sec ( MAX i think ) and took it for a drive . Result was problem had seemed to clear, as soon as i plug it back in the problem reappears...No lamp illuminated on the dash and no fault codes were stored....Wiil driving with this unplugged cause other problems ? Is it likely to be the MAF sensor or is that just masking another problem....Am i right in thinking that if MAF is reading max the ecu will try to put more fuel in to compensate.....Please help someone...Bill