Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asalhan

Strange speedo lights

1 post in this topic

Hey all, this is my first post in here. I did look at other posts before I posted thisone but noone else seems to have the same problem as me.

I have had my Focus 1.8 Petrol for just over a year now. The problem i have is this: when its dark you turn on the lights, your dials get illuminated. Mine get illuminated but after a short while the backlight just dies, all other things work, rev counter, speedo, indicators and various other lights. its just the backlight that doesnt work. The first time it happened, i was confused so i whacked the top of the dash and the lights flickered but didnt stay on. Sometimes i can get home from work without the lights going out but then if i have to use the car again, the backlights dont come on. Its getting dark and i cant see what speed i'm doing, apart from assuming i cant see where the needle is.

I'm going to try and take it out this week and see whether there are any loose connections behind, i hope this is the case.

If anyone has any help for me i'd be greatful.

thanks