• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fordroy

fordroy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: focus/mondeo

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi. everyone I am new around here didn,t know this place existed till now.Can anyone tell me how to remove the damaged door mirror cover from my focus mk.1. It needs to be replaced but I can,t get the old one off.I would be very grateful if you could help as it would save me a lot of ear bashing from the missus. Cheers.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 21,212 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

As far as Im aware, to remove the wingmirror cover, is just to slide an old credit or store card between the casing and the cover, and just push it in and gently pull the cover away from the casing.

I did this on my MK2 with a thin blade screwdriver, no damage done if your gentle!

#3 fordroy

fordroy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

As far as Im aware, to remove the wingmirror cover, is just to slide an old credit or store card between the casing and the cover, and just push it in and gently pull the cover away from the casing.

I did this on my MK2 with a thin blade screwdriver, no damage done if your gentle!

#4 fordroy

fordroy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for that I,ve tried all ways to get it off I will try that in the morning.
Chers Roy.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users