Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Name: Sara
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2012

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

Iím disappointed with its performance itís seems sluggish, it doesnít seem willing to pull.

I owned a 2007 1.6 tdci Fiesta before this one and it was so willing great little car lots of fun, I know it a smaller and lighter car.

My question is are they like this or is something wrong. Iíve read a few posts about egr clogged up or is this just the dreaded dpf thatís choking the engine, is it blocked or out of additive would any of these not shown up on the computer when hooked up by my dealer all they said was it had two fault that they reset and they did a ecu upgrade?

:unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ford Model: cougar
  • Year: 2014
Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

either fault dpf clogged or additive tank empty would put engine management light on dash and put car in limp mode. limp mode is reduced power. i presume you paid dealer for diagnostic work? if so they should have told you what the faults were otherwise if the same fault is still present and they charged you to "repair" it how can you proove they didn't fix it right. anyway let me know full details of car, year, model, engine, fuel and mileage. also good description of faults along with exact wording of any fault messages on dash and i will try and help you, regards steve

#3 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

either fault dpf clogged or additive tank empty would put engine management light on dash and put car in limp mode. limp mode is reduced power. i presume you paid dealer for diagnostic work? if so they should have told you what the faults were otherwise if the same fault is still present and they charged you to "repair" it how can you proove they didn't fix it right. anyway let me know full details of car, year, model, engine, fuel and mileage. also good description of faults along with exact wording of any fault messages on dash and i will try and help you, regards steve

Hi,

No charge for work still under warrenty the faults were low fuel warning and over revs errors all cleared by dealer.

#4 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

are these faults gone now? if you fill the tank right up does gague read full and if you run it NEARLY out does it show empty? there is a common fault with fuel gagues and im just checking that they repaired it properly. the over revving...was this a human description of a symptom or was this a stored fault in the ecu? thanks steve

#5 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

are these faults gone now? if you fill the tank right up does gague read full and if you run it NEARLY out does it show empty? there is a common fault with fuel gagues and im just checking that they repaired it properly. the over revving...was this a human description of a symptom or was this a stored fault in the ecu? thanks steve

#6 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

The fault originally was engine malfunction come up on the dash display and the car had no power at all, ford said they plugged it into the computer and there were two stored faults showing Low fuel warning and Engine excess revs which they cleared and said they updated the ecu with new software.

The fuel gauge seems to be working correctly Iíve not had any problem it seems to be reading ok I fill up its say 600 to empty and by the time it get to about 50 to empty Iíve done about 500+ miles.

#7 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,660 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

Which is about right as your right foot will inevitably accelerate more on some ocassions than others, throwing a bit more fuel into the mix!

Have you managed to get the DPF sorted out yet (as per your other thread) I wouldnt discount the EOLYS on this and the DPF being partially clogged with a Forced Regen to resolve it

#8 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

car has pressure sensor before and after dpf. if it was blocked it would pick this up and put light on dash. same goes for additive ecu knows how much in tank and puts light on before empty. can you drive it hard and rev to red line? warm car up first.i think my advice would be to go to another garage and have codes read. post full codes here and we can go from there. also whats mileage? in service history was additive filled at 37000? thanks steve

#9 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,660 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

Sarah has 40780 on the clock (as of 20/05/2011) she has another thread running http://www.fordowner...07 for a general discussion on the Damned Particulate Filter, as well as this one.

#10 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hi,

I Spoke to the dealer I purchased the car from they are certain the dpf additive has been replenished because I would of got the warning lights come on by now as Iíve done 41000, they said it would of run out! They also said there is no way of telling how full or empty the tank is!

Thanks,
Sara

#11 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hi,

I Spoke to the dealer I purchased the car from they are certain the dpf additive has been replenished because I would of got the warning lights come on by now as Iíve done 41000, they said it would of run out! They also said there is no way of telling how full or empty the tank is!

Thanks,
Sara

apart from putting it on a ramp and shining a torch at the tank as its semi transparent. if the job was done they should have put it in the book. if they are adament it was done ask for a written guarantee it will not need filling for 30,000 miles and see what they say. they have also reflashed and reset ecu's on the car so learned values and levels may have been reset also....meaning no light. i would also bet money a tank will last 40,000+ miles. how long have you owned the car?, thanks steve

#12 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

apart from putting it on a ramp and shining a torch at the tank as its semi transparent. if the job was done they should have put it in the book. if they are adament it was done ask for a written guarantee it will not need filling for 30,000 miles and see what they say. they have also reflashed and reset ecu's on the car so learned values and levels may have been reset also....meaning no light. i would also bet money a tank will last 40,000+ miles. how long have you owned the car?, thanks steve

Hi Steve, Iíve owned the car for nearly 2 months now, Iíve done 3000 miles. The tank is semi transparent thatís good too know maybe i cant get someone to look under the car where is it near exactly?

Thanks Sara.

#13 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

I’ve owned the car for nearly 2 months now, I’ve done 3000 miles.
Thanks Sara.

Sara, don't mess about, take it back to the dealer you bought it from, get them to sort your problems out. If you do not know your "Legal Rights" then click on the bottom link on my signature "Know Your Rights When Buying From A Dealer"

And please stop posting the same problem on different threads, as we just end up covering the same ground over and over again. :rolleyes:

#14 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hi, finally got my way my car is booked in Friday to have the dpf additive level checked, we talked about costs and they said they would have to speak to sales to which I said it should of been done prior to sale of the vehicle, so I don’t think I should pay the car had 38000 when I picked it up and the additive should of been done at 37500, am I in my rights to refuse to pay for this, how do i stand?

Sorry just seen the above post.

#15 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

trust me Sara they have not got a leg to stand on. If they try it on just suggest Trading Standards adjudicate in the case. At the mention of TS I think you will be surprised how accommodating they become :rolleyes:

They owe you a 37.5k service as well, otherwise they are contravening Fords warranty conditions. I'll put it this way Sara, if you let em get away with not doing the service, they will only think your a mug........Do you want them to think as you walk out of the showroom..........there goes another mug?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users