Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
88john63

Car getting worse day by day since big service.

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

i new enough to driving, but hav had a couple of cars(that sounds worse than it is, i swear), i got my 1st ford bout month ago, 2 weeks ago i got it serviced and ended up getting new brakes(pads and disks) a new C.V Joint, wheel bearings, as well as the usual service stuff, Now the thing is, i was just getting it serviced to be precautious, I got it cheap and i have my kids in it at weekends, so i done it for peace of mind mainly. but the thing is , ever since i got it serviced, it is hard work driving it, the gear changes are not as smooth as they were, it sounds like its revving up a lot when taking off, and from first to second i really have to hover around the clutch, it aint cut out, but feels like it might.

anybody have any experiene of this type of hing? basically, it feels like i am driving different car since i got what i thought was a nice tune up.

and another major question i have which has me baffled, and "might" have something to do with the above when putting air in the tyres, i am going by the manual and putting 35 p.s.i in the front and 26 p.s.i in the back, now from my ezperiene with other cars thias sounds off, but who am i to disagree with the owners manual.

Oh and a "probably"(hopefully) un-related thing ,about a week ago i was driving home from work, doing about 80kmph(the limit i may add) and luckily it was a quiet time, because there ws no-one around me and all i hear is BANG, my back windscreen is all shattered and has a hole in it about half the size of a football, same shape too, now i had got the heater on a bit high, may have been my fault, but an expensive lesson, cost 180euro to get a fella to come out to work next day to replace it.

anyway, sorry for the long post, its just a run of luck i having:(

any help greatly appreciated lads and ladies.