Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Do You Want On Facelift Mk7.5

MRC89

I know it's probably a bit early to discuss this, but I'm just curious what you guys think Ford should do to improve the MK7 for it's facelift. You never know, someone important at ford may read this and take ideas into consideration :D...wishful thinking.

For me, I'd like to see:

A 6 speed gearbox!

Solar reflect windscreen option (and windows)

Central windscreen wiper setup, (maybe tidied away under cowling along with washers). Because there's a massive patch where they don't reach.

HID headlamp option (or even better LED)

Better quality speakers/sound - even as an option

Loads more idea's but I'll leave it there for now.

Desired Line up:

Style - 1.25/1.4 TDCI

Zetec - 1.25/1.4/1.4 TDCI

Zetec S - 1.6/1.6 TDCI

Titanium - 1.4/1.6/1.6 TDCI

Titanium X - Detuned 1.6 ecoboost/Twin Turbo 1.6 TDCI <- ambitious :P

ST - 1.6 ecoboost

Share your thoughts :)

6 speed box would be worth while, I test drove a Yaris with a 6 speed box and it was great on dual carriageways or motorways, a ratio that would let my diesel do 70MPH at about 2000rpm would help push the MPG up.

As all above, plus :

Passenger seat with memory.

Start/stop system.

Dual airco system.

Disc brakes on the rear.

Longer gear in first and second.

+

LED Tail lights

Panorama roof maybe :P

The 7.5 is happening in 2 phases. Later this year around sept there will be a upgraded / facelift interior with dash board etc. Then early next year the external will change. As confirmed by Ford

Where was that confirmed by ford?

As for the audio upgrades. Ford already have upgrades in thier accsesories booklets from Pioneer.

The ST will be on the way at some point. I think the Zetec S should(if they were going to go that route) get an option of the detuned ecoboost(Zetec SS< Copyright Fiat? lol.) But to be honest, I doubt that, like with the Corsa 1.6T VXR and the old 1.6TCorsa SRi(before vaux' got wise and changed the Sri to a 1.4T) that could be simply remapped to almost VXR power it could take sales from the Top of the range. Same with the minis they can be remapped up to a different spec level.

Jay

The 7.5 is happening in 2 phases. Later this year around sept there will be a upgraded / facelift interior with dash board etc. Then early next year the external will change. As confirmed by Ford

What a terrible business decision that is.

Stock costs are going to be huge with a two stage facelift.

The only thing that I hope, is that Ford will come up with a much better car, not just a basic facelift which is common for many car producers.

A facelift is just what it is though, I'm doubtful for any major changes. You give a 50yr botox shes still 50. The fiesta is a good car anyway. They just refresh the bodywork/interoir and may add a few new options.

Jay

A facelift is just what it is though, I'm doubtful for any major changes. You give a 50yr botox shes still 50. The fiesta is a good car anyway. They just refresh the bodywork/interoir and may add a few new options.

Jay

You are right. A few extra options would be nice.

I would have liked to have a panoramic roof and some LED tail lights but maybe coming, who knows :D

Also the interior could be a bit worked on.

By the way Jay, you have 6 Speakers right?

You wont see many changes in a facelift. It will have a small change to how it looks on the outside (probs a different bumper) and small dashbaord changes, other than that i cant see much else changing. You may find the Sony radio lower down in the spec range with the facelift, maybe Zetec and above?

Indeed I do two in front 2 tweeters and 2 in rear and the underseat sub of course ;)

Indeed I do two in front 2 tweeters and 2 in rear and the underseat sub of course ;)

How would you rate the sound quality (1-10)?

What underseat sub you have?

The 4 speed auto should be replaced with the 6-speed automated manual 'Powershift' gearbox.

And day time running lights need added.

Oh and better interior colours and a factory fitted armrest.

:D

DRL's will be added, any new designed cars have to have them, just hope they dont go along with the MS design ones they look horrid!!! as for what changes i would want..

6 speed box, 0-60 in 2 gears would be spot on, i guess the sony HU will be standard? HID/LED lighting, better wipers, losing that stupid pointless plastic thing under the front bumper that hangs down?! (if any1 can name its purpose please do it does my head in), pioneer Speakers kinda already cover the better speaker options... color coded plastics as standard!! that awesome looking american interior someone posted up in here ages ago! The Link to it think that also gives an idea of the possible new rear spoiler?

that for me would be me happy

1. Move the electric window switches so you don't need double jointed wrists to operate them

2. Height adjustable seatbelts on the B-pillars

3. Some form of armrest would handy

Bri

DRL's will be added, any new designed cars have to have them, just hope they dont go along with the MS design ones they look horrid!!! as for what changes i would want..

Not true. Because the MK7 Fiesta was desgined (ie - a whole new car) before the rules came in, the Fiesta wont need them by law untill the MK8 comes out. Becase the facelift is based on the same car, its not a new car which means its exempt from the EU rules. Same applies to the new Focus too - because it was desgined (not sold) before the start of this year, it dont need them.

However, Ford may pick to add DRL's to the Fiesta if they wish

The butterfly type wiper's would cure the poor wiper setup

Passenger door mirror that tilt's downward when parking, better view of the curb

Sony head unit with sat nav built in to the screen at the radio display on top of the dash

Eco boost type turbo setup on the 1.25 and 1.4

However, Ford may pick to add DRL's to the Fiesta if they wish

Lets hope not i would't like to get a new ST and have do take something off it on day 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting ideas so far, keep them coming...

Refine econetic.. There's lots that can be done to make that car more efficient

Further sound absorbing materials and rubber engine mounts on diesel models

Panoramic windscreen option

Fix rattling Speakers

Full leather steering wheels on high specs

Door cards that match the seats, and don't squeak! (Mine squeaks? :s)

Rear electric windows on 3dr that open outwards

Rear electric windows on all 5drs

And one touch for all windows.

Double glazed windows on high end specs (with solar reflect option)

Sunroof would be nice!

More ambient lighting

Bring back "the secret hole" and make it bigger

Hate it when manufacturers do face lifts for no other reason than to make fashion victims rush out and buy one. And more importantly make existing customers cars lose £.... They should spend the brass on something useful like (as already mentioned) 6th high ratio gear, proper wipers and one from me, remove zetec S running gear from Titianiums, they don't need 45 profile tyres that bend the plasticine alloys when driven over potholes

1. I 2nd moving electric window switches to a slightly less arm breaking position.

2. Do something to reduce glare / distortion from sun shining off dash onto front windscreen (I suspect made worse by it having a heating element in it!).

3. 1.6 engine available in Zetec spec please (IE. not interested in a lot of the extras in the Titanium spec).

4. Add an option to the list for a full size spare (with a choice of alloy or steel wheel). It's just cost me the better part of £200 to buy a spare alloy (didn't want a steel spare), tyre and a jack!

5. Rear electric windows on 5 door models please.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club