Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17" Alloys On A Zs Tdci

theholyone

I want to fit the 17" street pack alloys to my ZS TDCI, but notice that ford don't fit them even as an option. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so are there any problems in doing so. They fit them to the petrol version, so why not the diesel? Is it that the extra weight of the diesel engine lowers the suspension to much? There must be a reason why Ford don't fit them.

The Street Pack was available on the TDCi before they changed to the 95PS DPF version. Got this as an option on mine when ordering.

No idea why they removed this option.

Anyone here who works for Ford know the answer?

There's no other reason than a commercial one.

At first they were only for the 1.6 engines with ESP. Then ESP became standard on the Fiesta and Ford decided to only keep them an option for the 120 Hp version, so the Petrol Sport.

There is no techn. reason.

ESP is on all the fiesta's now, but the Zetec S with street pack comes with a button to turn it off, or tone it down at least.

As already mentioned they removed the street pack option from the ZS TDCI when they brought out the 95ps DPF version, I think they did the same with Titanium X pack too, because that's only available on the petrol now. No idea why they did it.

The 17" street pack alloys will be a straight swap, just make sure you get low profile tyres to make the overall wheel size the same.

I've been told it was to get the TDCi in to a lower emissions bracket?

Also I believe you need to buy a rack limiter (is that's what it's called?) to stop the wheels scrubbing.

larger alloys can in some cases increase emmissions and so bump the diesel up a tax bracket... so i am told.

meh inath beat me to it

larger alloys can in some cases increase emmissions and so bump the diesel up a tax bracket... so i am told.

meh inath beat me to it

The CO² emmissions stayed the same after upgrading the engine, only NOx and co went a bit down (wich is the reason the Fiesta diesel got a euro5 instead of euro4 quoting).

Driving with bikes on the roofrack will for sure make a bigger increase of emmissions.

ESP and DPF are now standard, earlier they were options (same as the 2 flip keys ... they second one was option also and now both are standard).

And different countries, different tax discounts, still Ford no longers delivers 1.6 cars with the 17 " wheels, except the 120 Hp Petrols and higher, over whole europe. Also different laws in different countries ... in Germany every alloy comes with Tuv papers, on wich is detailed for what car and type the alloys are legal to drive with ... when Ford puts an objection on that paper, that applies. In Belgium we can swap as long as we stay within a certain %, - 2% till + 1.5 % tolerance on the rolling circumferences of the combination wheel+tyre.

The limiters are also a Ford instruction and apply for their 17 " wheels with the standard 205/40/17 tyres.

I might ask a stupid question ;) , but is IVD same as ESP?

Steering Rack Limiters

Required to fit 17" wheels (to prevent wide tires from contacting the bodywork)

Fiesta from 09/2008

1 573 895

These are only about £8.00

I have a set of 17 x7 Sport Pack wheels if anyone is interested.

Mint condition, just delivery mileage.

Just had the tyres removed at 10 Miles.

No kerbing or damage. In reality brand new condition.

Located in Kent but courier could be arranged at about £35.00

£450.00 with center caps.

Note these are just the wheels, no tyres but far less than Fords price new.

Could have a secondhand set of tyres fitted with approx 4mm of tread at extra cost.

Would that £35 cover delivery to Northern Ireland?

Northern Ireland ?, I dont Know. PM me your post code.

Steering Rack Limiters

Required to fit 17" wheels (to prevent wide tires from contacting the bodywork)

Fiesta from 09/2008

1 573 895

These are only about £8.00

I have a set of 17 x7 Sport Pack wheels if anyone is interested.

Mint condition, just delivery mileage.

Just had the tyres removed at 10 Miles.

No kerbing or damage. In reality brand new condition.

Located in Kent but courier could be arranged at about £35.00

£450.00 with center caps.

Note these are just the wheels, no tyres but far less than Fords price new.

Could have a secondhand set of tyres fitted with approx 4mm of tread at extra cost.

Hi Karl

Have these restricted your steering noticeably?

you can tell the difference between a car with the 17 inch wheels and one without when doing a full turn in the road but it's not enough to really matter and you wont notice it except when you need full steering lock.

Are the steering rack limiters hard to fit?

Karl46, Wish I knew about your alloys earlier, just ordered the white ones. Not cheap...

Can I ask why you ditched the street pack wheels and in favour of what?

Thanks to all who have replied

Shame about having already bought the wheels.

I think they have been advertised on here before.

Personally I thought that the "Sport Pack" wheels were a bit girly, but had to have them to get ESP. 2 weeks later it became standard as did the Sony head unit., I could have saved by not opting for Street Pack.

I already had a set of Team Dynamics Prorace 1.2 in white.

You don't notice any difference with track limiters.

Just an update, Got the wheels and tyres fitted yesterday and no problems at all. The steering goes full lock in both directions with no scrubbing on the body work. This is without the rack limiter fitted. Don't know how much clearance there is, but full lock is only used at low speed so can't see a problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, Got the wheels and tyres fitted yesterday and no problems at all. The steering goes full lock in both directions with no scrubbing on the body work. This is without the rack limiter fitted. Don't know how much clearance there is, but full lock is only used at low speed so can't see a problem.

Have you noticed any difference in Mpg or acceleration? Or any disadvantages? I really want to upgrade to 17" but am worried I will lose something :)

I might ask a stupid question ;) , but is IVD same as ESP?

Do you mean IVDC? That is the variable suspension control on the Mondeo/S-MAX (sorry slightly off topic)

Do you mean IVDC? That is the variable suspension control on the Mondeo/S-MAX (sorry slightly off topic)

Thanks mate for the info!

The Mpg has actually got a little better, might be because I'm driving a little better though. Don't want to damage the new rims lol. The ride is slightly harder but not a problem and is no more harsh over the bumps than the 16" wheels. Everything else seems the same to me.

The clearance on the steering is actually very tight now that I've had time to look, can just get my finger between the car and tyre. Can see why Ford fit the steering limiter with the 17" wheels.

The car is looking mint though, red car, white wheels, white S1600 ott stripes and side stripes, and red gel overlays on the Ford badges. Just need some good weather so that I can clean it and take some photo's to put on here.

• Like 1

I bought a set and put them on my titanium no problem!

• Like 1

I bought a set and put them on my titanium no problem!

The standard 17 inch from Ford?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club