Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking problem

caroline

My Ford Focus has suddenly started locking on its own whilst driving. There are no lights on indicating one of the doors isn't shut properly. Remote locking/unlocking works fine. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong please?

if it locks at about 10mph it sounds like the motion autolock is switched on.

My Ford Focus has suddenly started locking on its own whilst driving. There are no lights on indicating one of the doors isn't shut properly. Remote locking/unlocking works fine. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong please?

Your car does not have auto lock fitted ? If not see the following.

Check the central locking fuse in the cars central fusebox behind the glove box,the cars handbook will tell you how to drop down the glove box door and unclip the fuse box to get to the fuses.

I believe that the central locking fuse is number F63 and is a 20 amp fuse.

Check that the fuse is not loose as this is a problem that will happen when driving as the road

vibrations will lock and unlock the car while driving.

Replace the fuse is a good idea as these can be at fault.

Failing this then a wire connector fault will be to blame but do check the central locking fuse first.

Hope this helps.

Your car does not have auto lock fitted ? If not see the following -

Check the central locking fuse in the cars fuse box behind the glove box,the cars handbook will tell you how to drop down the glove box door and unclip the fuse box to get to the fuses.

Check that the fuse is not loose as this is a problem that will happen when driving as the road

Failing this then a wire connector fault will be to blame but do check the central locking fuse first.

Hope this helps.

Your car does not have auto lock fitted ? If not see the following -

Check the central locking fuse in the cars fuse box behind the glove box,the cars handbook will tell you how to drop down the glove box door and unclip the fuse box to get to the fuses.

Hope this helps.

Mine too used to lock by itself. Once it did it with the keys laying on the front seat.

Then the fuse blew. I disconnected the battery, replaced the fuse No 63, connected the battery and replaced the battery in the key. All seems fine at the moment but on occasions when driving along I some-times hear the C/locking motor trying to lock the doors but doesn't,(if that makes any sense).

Any ideas what this could be?