Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More S-Max Starting Woes

AlShack

Hi

Newby here, so apologies if this has been covered before. I have search the archives but not found this specific problem.

We have a 2006 2.0 TDCi Titanium which has developed a starting problem.

Got in the car this morning using the plip, and the doors unlocked fine. The centre dash panel (red one between speedo & rev counter), was working. Put key in, turned, waited for glow-plug light to go out, tried starting the car and everything went off. The centre dash panel, everything; nothing worked, no courtesy lights, nothing.

Sat in the car for a couple of minutes, and the centre dash panel came up. Tried to start it, everything shut down again. Tried a couple more times and same thing happened. Eventually popped bonnet to get a jump start, thought I'd try it one more time so closed bonnet, locked car on the plip (when I was out of the car), which worked. Then unlocked car (on the plip), got in and started first time (with no hint of a struggle, battery seemed to have plenty of juice.).

So, later today had same issue, except the centre dash panel never came back, even after waiting 15 mins. Eventually popped the bonnet, closed it straight away, got in the car & it started first time!

What's that all about then? What could opening the bonnet possibly be doing to help start the car? Or is that a coincidental red herring?

All thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers

Al

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club