Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Revving When Accelerating

paulfocusmk1

Hi all

Was wanting to see if anybody has got any ideas on this problem..??

I have a 2002 focus 1.4cl

About 6 months ago this problem first started intermitantly,but now seems to be almost constant.When trying to accelerate my revs go sky high depending on how much pressure i am putting on the accelerator(not trying to drive like an idiot),and my speed does not go up,or goes up very very slowly.subsequently i have to back off the accelerator and apply a minimal amount of pressure to get any speed up which is very very slow.This happens in every gear, though not so much in first for some reason.

agree, time for a new clutch.

Agree with fishpond, the clutch disks seem to have been balded! your probably looking at a new clutch assembly, so prepare your bank for a hit of £500 + after labour!

About 6 months ago this problem first started intermitantly,but now seems to be almost constant.

re-read your post and to be honest you've done well streching the clutch the extra six months, it must be well shot now.

Thankyou evrybody for your post replys.The car is booked in for friday for a new 3 part clutch assembley at £215 plus vat from a family known garage that i have used for years.

Once again thanks for your replys and fingers crossed for the next 2 days of motoring :rolleyes:

Sounds good, how did they diagnose it? over the phone, or did they take it for a run to determine it?

Hi Jeebowhite

After talking to a couple of clutch garages over the phone, they told me that would definately be the clutch.I have also had a chat to the boss of the garage where i'm taking it, and he agrees.He will probably take it for a test run anyway, but i will tell him to do so when i take the car in just too make sure.

Hi Jeebowhite

After talking to a couple of clutch garages over the phone, they told me that would definately be the clutch.I have also had a chat to the boss of the garage where i'm taking it, and he agrees.He will probably take it for a test run anyway, but i will tell him to do so when i take the car in just too make sure.

from ford new clutch kit inc pressure plate clutch disk slave cylinder and release bearing including fitting new gearbox fluid and clutch fluid £256 inc vat

from ford new clutch kit inc pressure plate clutch disk slave cylinder and release bearing including fitting new gearbox and clutch fluid £256 inc vat

Sorry Arts, just not sure if I misread that, but you say "including fitting new gearbox" - as in for £256 you get the entire clutch assembly and a brand new gearbox?

sounds good Paul, it does sound like the clutch from whats been said, so hopefully its a perfect diagnosis from them!

Sorry Arts, just not sure if I misread that, but you say "including fitting new gearbox" - as in for £256 you get the entire clutch assembly and a brand new gearbox?

sounds good Paul, it does sound like the clutch from whats been said, so hopefully its a perfect diagnosis from them!

edited new gearbox oil :lol:

Well i had my clutch done on friday, all well and good bar one slight problem since ive had it back which i was wondering if anybody had any ideas on??

When i come to a junction and put the car into first gear the enginr revs upto about 2000 rpm for about 2 to 3 seconds before dropping back down to 900 on idle..

Any suggestions welcome.Could it have something to do with the new clutch??? As you can guess by now, i know nothing about cars :huh:

Well i had my clutch done on friday, all well and good bar one slight problem since ive had it back which i was wondering if anybody had any ideas on??

When i come to a junction and put the car into first gear the enginr revs upto about 2000 rpm for about 2 to 3 seconds before dropping back down to 900 on idle..

Any suggestions welcome.Could it have something to do with the new clutch??? As you can guess by now, i know nothing about cars :huh:

idle control valve should idle at 700 -730 when warm so ide say idle control valve

thanks artscot

is this something that is totally irrelevant to having the clutch changed then?

ICV is a different location. but I agree that seems to be the issue.

And Art's, its a shame they didnt give you a gearbox for that wonderful price!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club