• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 debbyf73

debbyf73

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

Now that the cold weather has set in, I'm having a really annoying problem with condensation on the inside of my windscreen. Never the side windows, just the windscreen. It doesn't happen on a morning but when I get back into my car on a night after work, I'm having to put the aircon on full, the heated windscreen on and then wait approx 5 mins for it to clear before driving off.

Drivers side headlight also condensing up on inside - not sure whether its related.

Have owned Ford's since I started driving and never had this problem before. Car is a 1.8 zetec, registered in Jan 2007.

Went to my local Ford dealer today, explained the problem to him and the response I got was "its just one of those things, my modeo does the same.". He then asked if I do lots of short journeys. During the week it only travels 1.5 miles to work, then 1.5 miles back - so the answer is yes. He said that was the problem. I said I'd always done the same trip in my old Fords and never had a problem. He shrugged his shoulders.

Am I being fobbed off here? Does anyone else agree that this shouldn't happen?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ikarma70

ikarma70

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.25 lx
Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

condensation in the headlight is a sign of moisture getting in so it looks like a dodgy light.

personally i'd start using another garage.

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

have you got the heating set on re-cycle all the time as no 'fresh' air can cause this problem.

#4 debbyf73

debbyf73

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

have you got the heating set on re-cycle all the time as no 'fresh' air can cause this problem.

No, not set to recirculate. AirCon on cold until windscreen clears and then switch aircon off and turn the heat up a bit until I get home.

#5 Scolds

Scolds

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDI
Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

Are the floor mats or carpet wet? do you have a leak, maybe try leaving a blow heater to dry the inside of the car for an hour or so then see if the problem is as bad.

#6 debbyf73

debbyf73

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

Are the floor mats or carpet wet? do you have a leak, maybe try leaving a blow heater to dry the inside of the car for an hour or so then see if the problem is as bad.

Nope, have run my hands over all carpets and matting - all dry. Have also checked round the edges of windscreen to see if I could feel any draughts - nothing.

It's not a major problem but its bugging me !! Really annoying seeing people coming out of work, get into really old cars and just driving off - yet I'm sat there like a lemon for 5 mins drying my windows off.

Was thinking of resorting to using some sort anti-fog treatment. Has anyone used Comma ProVision Fog Clear Gel? Would appreciate any views people have on this product.

#7 ikarma70

ikarma70

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:27 PM

just a thought but is there a possibility of damp in the system getting blown onto the windscreen?

#8 debbyf73

debbyf73

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

just a thought but is there a possibility of damp in the system getting blown onto the windscreen?

Un-mechanicly minded female here - how could I check that? :unsure:

#9 ikarma70

ikarma70

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

Un-mechanicly minded female here - how could I check that? :unsure:

why you asking a relatively unmechanically minded male for? :lol:

#10 debbyf73

debbyf73

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

why you asking a relatively unmechanically minded male for? :lol:

Cos I was hoping you being male, you would be mechanically minded !! LOL :rolleyes: Shouldn't assume such things really - my fella isn't and the chap I spoke to in my local Ford dealership didn't seem to be either.

#11 alz

alz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Read your Owners guide, look in (Climate Controls) Screen Demisting Set heat control to hot and turn on AC control,, The AC control is auto when controls are set to hot & windscreen..as for the light you will have to take it out,,dry it with an hairdryer,,then reseal the back plate with a little bit of White Grease..that should stop the light from fogging up..

#12 madmanwayne

madmanwayne

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: Galaxy 2.8 V6 Ghia / pug 106xnd

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

It sounds like it would be quicker walking to work save yourself a fortune

#13 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:36 AM

Check the condition of your door seals. Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that old cruddy seals can let damp inside the car when its stood and cause this problem. For some reason Focus seals are prone to splitting and not giving a good seal.

#14 ikarma70

ikarma70

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:03 AM

Check the condition of your door seals. Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that old cruddy seals can let damp inside the car when its stood and cause this problem. For some reason Focus seals are prone to splitting and not giving a good seal.

ermmm the cars is less than 2 years old :)

#15 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

No, it was registered in 2007. The car could actually be built a year or more longer than that. Besides, rubber seals can fail surprisingly quickly. Worth checking it out, not like its going to cost anything to look is it??

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users