Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it the Diesel pump

Scolds

Hello,

My son has a 2000 1.8TDI Focus and it just stopped. Wouldn't start so a local garage looked at it and said he thinks it is the diesel pump but not sure. He said when he primed the engine it started, so I feel that this must rule out immobiliser problems. Then quoted a figure of £3000 to sort, I rang one seller of units who said a reconditioned unit is £475 and about £150 to fit. Then I read another question where the pump was changed and the car still didn't start.

Anyone have advice and is it hard to change the pump yourself?

Many thanks

has a code scan been done on the car to see if low fuel pressure codes are stored? a new pump at a dealer would be around £1100 fitted. make sure its not some sensor that gone (ie crank /cam) before going for the fuel pump. i take it that all the electricts for the fuel pump has been checked.

has a code scan been done on the car to see if low fuel pressure codes are stored? a new pump at a dealer would be around £1100 fitted. make sure its not some sensor that gone (ie crank /cam) before going for the fuel pump. i take it that all the electricts for the fuel pump has been checked.

Not not yet and thanks for the comments, the garage the car was taken to initially is in my opinion not very good. So I will pass your comments on and I think that he should get the car to a diesel garage. I found one near to him called Hampshire Diesel Services and would hope that they will know all the things to check, TY

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club