Do Not Sell My Personal Information

another central locking question

footinfront

hello all.

i have a new problem with central locking. the other week it was playing up a little, ie press key fob and sometime the central locking will work, sometimes it wont work.

thought to myself it was battery playing up so i changed the little flat battery in the fob, now nothing works when i try locking the car. i'm guessing now it may be fuse fault or somethin else, how or where do i chk the fuse for central locking? dont have any manuals to go swat up. (btw car does lock when use key in door)

focus mk1 1600 ghia 5door

if anyone has any suggestions or solutions please reply.

many thanks all for reading

i presume the battery was put in the correct way and was a new one, have you got a second remote that you can try?

i presume the battery was put in the correct way and was a new one, have you got a second remote that you can try?

yes mint new battery fitted and in correct way up, dont have second remote to use

I took one of the keys apart once to repair as the electric connection inside became loose. You can open it and then get to the small electronic part, you need to be brave but I then saw that it needed to be resoldered, that said I think it was only one of the buttons that had stopped working.

Also I think sometimes you have to reprogram the key to the car, not sure on yours how to do it maybe the Ford dealer could explain.

I took one of the keys apart once to repair as the electric connection inside became loose. You can open it and then get to the small electronic part, you need to be brave but I then saw that it needed to be resoldered, that said I think it was only one of the buttons that had stopped working.

Also I think sometimes you have to reprogram the key to the car, not sure on yours how to do it maybe the Ford dealer could explain.

Many thanks all for the replys.

managed to get the fob working by re-programing it