Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3.5 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

I just wondered if i got an ESP switch like on the ST , does anyone know if the wire's exsist next to the rear demister switch , i know i can turn it off via the trip computer , but i'd reather be able to switch it via a dedicated switch like on the ST.I don't want to try and get the panel off it there's not wiring there.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,661 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

Apparently (from previous threads) there is some wiring behind there, but as to what it is for, is unknown!

#3 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

At the weekend i'll figure out how to get the switches off and take a look , been looking on fleabay for a switch , but not founf one yet

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,661 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, it could well be worth while, but its just trying to work out what that wiring is for if its not the ESP...?

#5 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,136 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

ive had this out for my LED change. there is 2 wires attached. from what i can tell is that a button can be fitted but it will need activating by the dealership tool.

#6 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

ive had this out for my LED change. there is 2 wires attached. from what i can tell is that a button can be fitted but it will need activating by the dealership tool.

If i mangae to get it out i will put a meter on it and use computer to switch it on and off see if i get any change there or like you say may need activating.

But still trying ot locate a switch at the moment.

#7 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hmmm having not pulled one of these apart before, i looked in a haynes manual and the upto date manual! only shows how to get the front off to get to the stereo on 2005/2009 and not facelift.
Has anyone done a readme on how to get to the stereo and of course the heated screen buttons so i can check if the wiring is there before i order an ESP bitton.
Don't want to break anything this early in having hte car :lol:

#8 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

Ok finally got out there with my screwdrivers
Small guide hope it helps people. Also how to remove the radio mk3

First of all to remove the radio bezel.Using a flat head screwdriver wrapped with a duster to stop damage.
starting fron the underneath bottom .point A inserting the screw driver and twisting starts to prize bottom away. Then moving to point B insert from below again twisting the flat head screwdriver .While also applying gentle pulling pressure until bezel is clear of heater controls.
Moving to point C while still applying pulling pressure insert between dash and radio bezel prize forward until bezel unclips. Take your time !
2011-06-14 17.20.38.jpg

You can undo the 4 radio retaining screws to remove the radio.
2011-06-14 17.15.45.jpg

ok to check if wiring for ESP ! or what ever it's for.
You can use a flat head screwdriver to actually prize the buttons free no need to remove all of this at all , anyway inquisitive mind so i continued.
Found 4 wire's coming from ESP location so i guess the wires are there and now im hoping that just like the fiesta post that placing a switch in there will allow me to manually switch off ESP without having to go into the trip computer. ESP is fitted to my car.
2011-06-14 16.59.17.jpg
Left switch = 2 wires i think these are for the passenger air bag light OFF!
2011-06-14 16.58.55.jpg
Right hand switch = 4 wires ,i think these are dual purpose, for ESP and CC roof control.
2011-06-14 16.58.24.jpg

Removing the 2 screws above the switches allow for the extraction on the switches.
2011-06-14 17.15.29.jpg

So all i have to do now is get an ESP switch and of course test! it.

Hope this small guide helps others in checking thier own switch and i will of course update when i get a switch and test it. Fingers crossed :D
Regards
Paul

#9 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Ordered the switch and pick it up tomorrow, just got to hope that its silver in colour to match the others. 13.67 fingers crossed

#10 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,891 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

Ordered the switch and pick it up tomorrow, just got to hope that its silver in colour to match the others. 13.67 fingers crossed

im lead to believe the wiring is there but the software is not in the ecu software can be put in but ive heardit costs a fair bit

#11 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

im lead to believe the wiring is there but the software is not in the ecu software can be put in but ive heardit costs a fair bit

I have my fingers crossed , that its linked to the stork control , as i can turn ESP off via the computer. But nothing ventured nothing gained. I'm working on the hunch that as a manual switch is already able to switch it on and off via trip computer settings then the wiring may! also be live. ;) .If not then next service i'll say check that switch out , why is it not working haha.

#12 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

I have my fingers crossed , that its linked to the stork control , as i can turn ESP off via the computer. But nothing ventured nothing gained. I'm working on the hunch that as a manual switch is already able to switch it on and off via trip computer settings then the wiring may! also be live. ;) .If not then next service i'll say check that switch out , why is it not working haha.

i may be wrong but thats the usual ford system to have all the wiring but not the software

#13 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

i may be wrong but thats the usual ford system to have all the wiring but not the software

:( Your 100% correct , button does not disable the ESP , next service i'll ask for a quote , tested the cables and no power to them at all.
Oh well looks nice :rolleyes:

#14 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

:( Your 100% correct , button does not disable the ESP , next service i'll ask for a quote , tested the cables and no power to them at all.
Oh well looks nice :rolleyes:

thought as much thats usually how ford foes it you may find that it will be around 300 plus whatever it would cost to have it added as an extra is what they would charge

#15 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,341 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Well if thats the case then it will remain a decoration :lol:. Strange how its already enabled on the Fiesta and not on the focus :huh:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users