Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

goughy000

2004 Fiesta 1.4 Not Always Starting First Time

Hi guys I hope you can help!

I bought a 2004 (54 plate) 1.4 Fiesta Flame in March and have had no problems with it until the last few weeks.

Every few days the car will not start on the first key turn. On holding the key in the ignition position I can hear it turning over but then it just stops turning over. If i then turn the key back and then forward to ignition again it will turn over and then fire up, although it does sound like it only just manages to do so.

Most days I can just get in and turn the key and it fires up no problem first time!

The car has full service history with certified Ford dealers and is not due another service till December.

My average daily drive consists of setting off from my house near Wolverhampton, driving through Wolverhampton and then 2 junctions up the M54 motorway followed by another 10 minutes of 60mph urban driving.

Time of day/weather does not seem to be relevant as sometimes it is in the morning and sometimes when leaving work and sometimes its cold sometimes its hot.

Thankyou for any help!

i would start with the simple stuff first, get the battery, alternator and all the electrical connections checked.

Hi thanks for your help

I've done some more investigation, the battery seems okay and looks fairly new too...

I have noticed that the problem only occurs when the last time I used the car I charged my mobile phone.. So perhaps I have a faulty charger. I'm going to see if the same happens when I use a TomTom and if it does then get the alternator and battery checked again

Cheers

Jack

Hi Jack

If the battery goes flat when using the car as intended etc then i would get your alternator checked. Halfrauds will do it free as do most fast fit places. Batteries and alternators do not last forever.