Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

DumboBattyhead

Will let you know how it goes, may be in the same position as you in a few days mate! Did you try lifting the plastic section up from the bit that meets the centre console or from the bit nearest the handbrake?

From the back by the handbrake then the two sides at the same time.Thats when it would go no more because of the front ones that I didn't know about so I was trying to pull upwards when one snapped.

The picture looks as if its best to do it from the front, may try that way first just in case lol =/ Cheers mate! Sorry to hear of your problems :(

Let me know how it goes.

Will do! If my dad can't do it his mate who owns a garage will have a look at it for me! They're quite heavy handed too though =/

The side that has the broken clip you would not know as it fits just as it did before.

The side that has the broken clip you would not know as it fits just as it did before.

Ah at least it's not TOO bad then :( maybe ask a local garage to do it for you?

Just been out and taken my car apart to check this, I can confirm the existence of clips #5 & #6 at the very front, these are plastic rather than the other 4 metal clips I had originally highlighted.

Funnily (or not) enough I actually broke my passenger side one about a year ago but completely forgot about it until I read your comments, it really doesn't affect anything and you never notice it once put back together.

fiestaclips.jpg

fiestaclips2b.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers mate, just gotta be mindful of those when we pull it out then!

That makes my hash not so bad then.Did you get yours off without breaking the other side or are both now broken.I agree that it goes back without ok and might not matter if both break.

The other side is fine. Once you've unclipped the back (as shown the the vid) try grabbing the underneath from both sides and pulling directly upwards.

I back in work tomorrow otherwise I would try again.One clip broke so what the heck.If the other breaks and it a poor fit I will get another when I get the switch.

All done, took my dad 10 minutes from start to finish. Lots of tugging at panels but he said it was pretty easy to do (and commented on how well built it is!).

I think a few people have done it but where the wire is tucked in, it's behind a plastic clip which got snapped as it's very snuggly fitted (Although once it's plugged in that clip becomes redundant)

Here's the results :) Shows up on the screen as 'ESP Off' for about 10 seconds before it clears

2011-12-31_14-30-07_326.jpg

2011-12-31_14-41-05_485.jpg

2011-12-31_14-40-59_924.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I went back and had another go at mine and found the plug tucked away hard to get to.The trick with the gaiter is when you have removed the 4 metal side clips you pull upwards and it releases the last two plastic ones.If you break one of the plastic ones like I did don't worry because it goes back just the same with no miss alignment or gaps.I would have done pics but I did it straight after work and it was going dark fast.Just need to get to ford parts now for the switch.I in a much better mood than yesterday. :rolleyes:

Yeah I went back and had another go at mine and found the plug tucked away hard to get to.The trick with the gaiter is when you have removed the 4 metal side clips you pull upwards and it releases the last two plastic ones.If you break one of the plastic ones like I did don't worry because it goes back just the same with no miss alignment or gaps.I would have done pics but I did it straight after work and it was going dark fast.Just need to get to ford parts now for the switch.I in a much better mood than yesterday. :rolleyes:

Aw good! Im pleased mine is fitted too :-)

It makes a change for a manufacturer to make it easy to retro fit an item like this!!

I know and we are getting allot for just the price of a switch.Why didn't ford just fit it in the first place.

Hi all have just done mine switch on order cable free so only got to connect

and fit switch.All clips intact so :) :)

Dave

It makes a change for a manufacturer to make it easy to retro fit an item like this!!

Well, easy once all the dash bits are off! Like said by kev, why didn't they just put the blummin thing there to begin with! lol

We're quite lucky though, someone said that with the ford focus the cable isn't 'live' so its not just a case of 'plug n play'

Alastair on the number a few pages back sorted mine out, ordered friday (yesterday) and arrived today! Was very impressed, total was like £33 i think?

We're quite lucky though, someone said that with the ford focus the cable isn't 'live' so its not just a case of 'plug n play'

I have to turn it off through the menu system on the instrument cluster... i dont mind that tho. Its never fully off anyway apparently...

Wow, this thread has been going for a while now :D

I got to try with and without ESP recently on snow and ice. I must admit that ESP = on was not as bad as I thought it would be as it did not totally cut power when the wheels started spinning on ice.

Nevertheless it was worth fitting the ESP off switch. On one fairly steep hill with 95% snow cover, if I had not been able to turn off ESP and really spin the wheels I might not have got up the hill and reached home.

Well worth the £32. :)

Wow, this thread has been going for a while now :D

I got to try with and without ESP recently on snow and ice. I must admit that ESP = on was not as bad as I thought it would be as it did not totally cut power when the wheels started spinning on ice.

Nevertheless it was worth fitting the ESP off switch. On one fairly steep hill with 95% snow cover, if I had not been able to turn off ESP and really spin the wheels I might not have got up the hill and reached home.

Well worth the £32. :)

I'll probably never need to switch it off.. but it's nice to know on that one occasion I need to.. I can :)

I found out last night off my cousin through the power of facebook.He is a mechanic and a good one at that his wife has the mk7 and he said that the ones with the ESP plug do actually have Esp working and like the focus its never actually turned off.Adding the switch turns it on full time but I didn't ask weather turning it off again means its really off or back in its original mode.Food for thought. :huh: