Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

DumboBattyhead

where did you order it from? my local dealer is useless and not willing to help look for it

See post 34 for a list of part numbers, and my post 47 for info on who sold the switch to me.

When I got a PAD switch fitted, switch 1514081 was replaced with 1513292. It was done by Geoff Cox of Denby, Derbyshire

The Ford ordering system does not list parts that are not considered as options (even if they would fit) so my local dealers were unable to order the part for me even though I gave them the Ford part number.

I am now sorted and ready for the winter ice, well as ready as possible in a Fiesta :D

All Hail Alastair at FordPartsOnline.

Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread - lets hope it helps others.

I had this trouble when seeking a fitting kit for the engine cover on my 1.6TDCI, ford didn’t have the parts I required listed as available items for my model as it was not standard,

so they went out to the sales yard and acquired a chassis number from a model that had the parts fitted,

then entered that chassis number in to the system and could sell me the parts i needed then, may save people trouble shooting different dealers.

• Like 1

Sorry I have been away

i ordered mine from FordPartsOnline, just told him the part number, never mentioned any info about my car, it came to about £35 including p&p

I am really chuffed with my new button, just have to find something else to !Removed! on about.

Chris

.................... just have to find something else to !Removed! on about.

Chris

Here's my current favorite !Removed!.

Disabling Auto Wipers For Good

The Auto-wipers get confused by dirt & flies, and are not designed to be used during snow or when the roads have been salted (information source UK Fiesta manual page 39), but instead of keeping the intermittent wipe function that can work in all conditions Ford removed it.

I'd pay to be able to go back to just intermittent wipe if I knew what needed replacing.

Sorry I have been away

i ordered mine from FordPartsOnline, just told him the part number, never mentioned any info about my car, it came to about £35 including p&p

I am really chuffed with my new button, just have to find something else to !Removed! on about.

Chris

Why not get a set of mist type jets while your working on the switch you might aswell upgrade them too mate, Click Here B)

If there was a way to get the heater part working. that would be great for the winter

If there was a way to get the heater part working. that would be great for the winter

There is and it doesnt envolve buying looms and parts from ford followed by paying them £50 to activate the heaters control unit on the Gem. F That!!

Click Here their tried and tested mate, on the market nearly four years since i read about this brand of heater

Heats the fluid to 65oC in 30 Seconds as it flows through it's filter ''Probably the best performance Mod available for the fiesta'' :P

.....Sorry had to type that mate :D

''my car can heat water from O-65 oC in 30 Seconds, Cup Of Tea Anyone?"

On a serious note though I reckon this may be an easier option than buying looms from ford, no need to run extra cables or anything.

It's guaranteed to fit your car and with the same if not better results.

simply filters the pipe coming out of your water pump to the jets cut the cable hook one to the inlet socket and one to the outlet,

hook positive and negative to a switch either in the car or in the engine bay then to a 12v supply job done

And if you ever decide to sell the car, this can be easily removed and placed in the new car.

• 2 months later...

Going to order mine tomorrow, dad said he will fit it for me lol :D Hopefully it's not difficult as he's rather heavy handed!!

• Like 1

How the heck did you get the gaiter surround off.I can get a screw driver in the front of it and it gives a little but not able to get it out. :angry:

How the heck did you get the gaiter surround off.I can get a screw driver in the front of it and it gives a little but not able to get it out. :angry:

Brute force! Here's a vid I made that may help

Bless you my child that helps so I will go and have a another go. :)

Just had a go and that didn't go well.The video doesn't show the two clips on either side of the very front of the pastis holding the two sections together so as I tried pulling the gaiter piece upwards it snapped the drivers side on off so I wont be trying that again. :(

Just had a go and that didn't go well.The video doesn't show the two clips on either side of the very front of the pastis holding the two sections together so as I tried pulling the gaiter piece upwards it snapped the drivers side on off so I wont be trying that again. :(

Ah kev don't say that :( me dads gunna have a go at it hopefully this weekend or monday if it arrives! Got me worried now lol =/

I well !Removed! of.Everyone on here says its an easy job you just pull it up.So I tried and one of the clips that no one mentioned that holds the two sections together snapped clean in half so I not trying again...

I well !Removed! of.Everyone on here says its an easy job you just pull it up.So I tried and one of the clips that no one mentioned that holds the two sections together snapped clean in half so I not trying again...

What clip is that mate? :/

On the gaiter surround there are 4 clips,two either side that hold it in place.I knew about these ones and they come out easily when you pull up from the back edge but no one mentioned about the two on the corners of the front edge just behind the join line between the gaiter and other piece of gray plastic so my drivers side one snapped as I was pulling upward on the gaiter once the 4 side clips was out.

Because i looked on that video and it only highlights the 4 clips? Can you take a pic mate?

No chance.I don't want to risk taking it off again.The side with the clip doesn't quiet fit as snug as it did.I knew something would happen if I tried removing trim parts of my car.I so !Removed! off now its unreal.How come it was so easy for every one else. :angry: :(

clipsc.jpg

So you have the 4 clips as shown by the circles, are there clips where the question marks are too is that what you mean or?

Yes that's them right up by the join line.They fasten through the base of the other plastic.Once you have removed the other 4 these 2 stop you from removing the gaiter and you cannot see how to get them out either.

How are you meant to remove the plastic bit surrounding the gear stick then if those 2 stop you from doing it? =/

On the german forum someone has this as a picture

DSC01296bbdc613fJPG.jpg

• Like 1

Exactly.I saw that same pic as well.If I know how to get it off I suppose I could get a new one from ford.

Hope my dad will be able to do it now, everyone else said its easy to do once you remove those 4 clips? =/

Them 4 simple to remove clips. :D :angry: