Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Name: Tato
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT
  • Year: 2011

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

Nope, my bill dated 27/11/2008, when I picked it up, has it there at 300!!!

Off topic Mark, is this your second Fiesta?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 DumboBattyhead

DumboBattyhead

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

Just in case anyone else is thinking of going down this route, here are a few comments that may help:-
- My October 2010 Zetec 1.6 TDCi does have ESP as standard not as an extra.
- The wiring to the ESP switch fitted although it is initially behind the card holder in a clip.
- The panels do just pull off (see earlier photos in this thread). The plastic around the gear gaitor lifts up. The plastic around the heating controls pulls towards you (i.e. away from the front of the car). It does not hinge & I needed to remove the small rectangular panel above it in order to get the top 2 clips off.
- The wire to the red & black connector comes from the left and goes to where the connector is clipped in place by a small tab. I snapped the tab off to remove the connector but it might have been possible to unscrew it.
- At this point, it is possible to push out the card holder, leave the connector hanging out through the rectangular hole (see photo by arbgarry posted 15th June), and put the panels back in place so the car is in one piece while the switch is ordered.
- The Ford ordering system does not list parts that are not considered as options (even if they would fit) so my local dealers were unable to order the part for me even though I gave them the Ford part number.
- FordPartsOnline.co.uk (phone 0800 5884033) is able to order the ESP + 2 blank position switch part number 1514081 (see below photo kindly provided by Alastair before he sent the switch) for 29.76 inc vat. It was posted to me for about 2 or 3. Total hit to my credit card = just under 32. If you ask for Alastair, he can put the number of a fleet Zetec S into his computer so that the Ford ordering system will list the part.
Posted Image

I am now sorted and ready for the winter ice, well as ready as possible in a Fiesta :D

All Hail Alastair at FordPartsOnline.

Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread - lets hope it helps others.

#48 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

- The Ford ordering system does not list parts that are not considered as options (even if they would fit) so my local dealers were unable to order the part for me even though I gave them the Ford part number.
- FordPartsOnline.co.uk (phone 0800 5884033) is able to order the ESP + 2 blank position switch part number 1514081 (see below photo kindly provided by Alastair before he sent the switch) for 29.76 inc vat. It was posted to me for about 2 or 3. Total hit to my credit card = just under 32. If you ask for Alastair, he can put the number of a fleet Zetec S into his computer so that the Ford ordering system will list the part.

Do you have any idea if they also ship outside UK? (EU countries)

#49 DumboBattyhead

DumboBattyhead

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Do you have any idea if they also ship outside UK? (EU countries)

I really don't know, but they did a lot of running around to sort my problem even though they would not have made a lot of money on one switch. They have a contact page so you could ask them.
http://www.fordonlin...ntend/contactUs

#50 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

I really don't know, but they did a lot of running around to sort my problem even though they would not have made a lot of money on one switch. They have a contact page so you could ask them.
http://www.fordonlin...ntend/contactUs

Thanks mate!

#51 BHeart

BHeart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 5 Dr,1.0 80PS Race Red
  • Year: 2014

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Hi

Well I've finally fitted the ESP switch, though I do have one small niggle after the job was completed. The switch works ok and displays a warning in the speedo and MFD displays when you turn it off. My thanks go to everyone who contributed to this thread and, in particular DumboBattyhead, who gave me further info.

After I refitted all of the trim, I'm finding that the silver trim cover below the radio (hidden compartment) does not snap shut and sticks out proud of the bottom of the radio trim and is very noticeable - it was flush before removal. The small clip that goes through the hole at the top centre, does not fully engage and when you push it in, it just moves outwards again.

I've seen some thread about using this concealed space and also some members used 'magnetic tape' to keep it closed and flush. Was it necessary to remove the small clip on the lid when magnetic tape was used and what uses have members found for space?

Regards, BHeart

#52 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Hi

Well I've finally fitted the ESP switch, though I do have one small niggle after the job was completed. The switch works ok and displays a warning in the speedo and MFD displays when you turn it off. My thanks go to everyone who contributed to this thread and, in particular DumboBattyhead, who gave me further info.

After I refitted all of the trim, I'm finding that the silver trim cover below the radio (hidden compartment) does not snap shut and sticks out proud of the bottom of the radio trim and is very noticeable - it was flush before removal. The small clip that goes through the hole at the top centre, does not fully engage and when you push it in, it just moves outwards again.

I've seen some thread about using this concealed space and also some members used 'magnetic tape' to keep it closed and flush. Was it necessary to remove the small clip on the lid when magnetic tape was used and what uses have members found for space?

Regards, BHeart

How long it took?

#53 BHeart

BHeart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

How long it took?

Hi Tato

Once I had removed the gear stick trim which was easy, I then started to pull off the aircon/controls trim and i started at the bottom but after pulling it away from the bottom two clips, the silver trim kept pulling away from the little cubby hole below the card holder and I was worried that the vertical silver narrow parts would just break, so I pushed the trim back in again and then went to the top and removed the silver lid below the radio (hidden compartment)and that was easy. I just used a knife covered with a soft dry cloth and gently levered it from either side of the centre.

Once I had done this, I was then able to remove the aircon controls trim starting at the top (the location of the clips are clearly marked in the link provided) and I again used a covered flat eating knife to gently lever off each side and worked my way down to the cubby hole below the card holder and this time, I had no problems.

If you look at the link from the German forum (page 5), you can clearly see where the clips are and what order to remove the trim.

http://www.fiesta-ka...7-57/esp-57360/

Start by removing the silver lid below the radio, then remove the gear stick trim and pull it up (but not off) over the gear stick and lay it to one side. Then start removing the aircon controls trim from the top and, as stated, I used a flat bladed eating knife covered with a soft thin cloth. Insert the knife at each point and gently prise the trim out on top, each side and then move down to the middle and finally to the bottom and you can then pull away the trim but don't remove the cable that's attached to the bottom half of it - there is no need to.

It took about 20 minutes Tato.

I hope this helps when you get around to fitting you switch.

BHeart

#54 orcomma

orcomma

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name: Jimmy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 [95] TDCi

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

out of curiosity, how would fitting an ESP Off switch affect:

- warranty
- insurance?

would it need declaring?

#55 BHeart

BHeart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

- warranty
- insurance?

would it need declaring?

Hi orcomma

That's a good question which I think has been asked before and, to be honest, I'm not actually sure myself but I'm sure that other owner's have looked into this.

From a personal point of view, it's not as if we have fitted a larger exhaust or played around with the suspension etc, which may present issues with the warranty or insurance. The ESP mod is just the addition of a switch that enables the owner to turn on and off ESP when the owner requires it, so I don't really see why there should be a problem and, it's a 'mod' that can easily be removed if required.

BHeart

#56 DumboBattyhead

DumboBattyhead

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hi

Pleased to help :D

I didn't have that problem. Is the small T-shaped clip on the cover still in line or did it twist to one side so it no longer clips in place?

- warranty
- insurance?

would it need declaring?

All my insurance compant asked was "are there any performance enhancements fitted"? So I'm not going to declare mine.

#57 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hi Tato

Once I had removed the gear stick trim which was easy, I then started to pull off the aircon/controls trim and i started at the bottom but after pulling it away from the bottom two clips, the silver trim kept pulling away from the little cubby hole below the card holder and I was worried that the vertical silver narrow parts would just break, so I pushed the trim back in again and then went to the top and removed the silver lid below the radio (hidden compartment)and that was easy. I just used a knife covered with a soft dry cloth and gently levered it from either side of the centre.

Once I had done this, I was then able to remove the aircon controls trim starting at the top (the location of the clips are clearly marked in the link provided) and I again used a covered flat eating knife to gently lever off each side and worked my way down to the cubby hole below the card holder and this time, I had no problems.

If you look at the link from the German forum (page 5), you can clearly see where the clips are and what order to remove the trim.

http://www.fiesta-ka...7-57/esp-57360/

Start by removing the silver lid below the radio, then remove the gear stick trim and pull it up (but not off) over the gear stick and lay it to one side. Then start removing the aircon controls trim from the top and, as stated, I used a flat bladed eating knife covered with a soft thin cloth. Insert the knife at each point and gently prise the trim out on top, each side and then move down to the middle and finally to the bottom and you can then pull away the trim but don't remove the cable that's attached to the bottom half of it - there is no need to.

It took about 20 minutes Tato.

I hope this helps when you get around to fitting you switch.

BHeart

Thank you for the detailed explanation BHeart!

#58 mark t

mark t

Local Rep: Yorkshire

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 S

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

Off topic Mark, is this your second Fiesta?

Yes, Titainum 27/11/08-13/01/11
Zetec S 13/01/11 - Present

Well if you don't count the 06 Zetec and 03 Zetec!

#59 Ams

Ams

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Amit
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.0T (125) Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know. I called up fordonlineparts today who just straight away allowed me to purchase this button. Cost me 34.00 with delivery. Waiting for it to arrive for brand new ford Fiesta Titanium

#60 DumboBattyhead

DumboBattyhead

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know. I called up fordonlineparts today who just straight away allowed me to purchase this button. Cost me 34.00 with delivery. Waiting for it to arrive for brand new ford Fiesta Titanium

Apparently, if you have a Titanium, Ford list the swtch as an option. If you have a Zetec (like myself), the Ford system does not list the switch as an option even though the switch fits and all the wiring & software is there for the switch to work.

Go figure!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users