DumboBattyhead

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

where did you order it from? my local dealer is useless and not willing to help look for it

See post 34 for a list of part numbers, and my post 47 for info on who sold the switch to me.
When I got a PAD switch fitted, switch 1514081 was replaced with 1513292. It was done by Geoff Cox of Denby, Derbyshire

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#77 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

The Ford ordering system does not list parts that are not considered as options (even if they would fit) so my local dealers were unable to order the part for me even though I gave them the Ford part number.
I am now sorted and ready for the winter ice, well as ready as possible in a Fiesta :D

All Hail Alastair at FordPartsOnline.
Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread - lets hope it helps others.

I had this trouble when seeking a fitting kit for the engine cover on my 1.6TDCI, ford didnít have the parts I required listed as available items for my model as it was not standard,
so they went out to the sales yard and acquired a chassis number from a model that had the parts fitted,
then entered that chassis number in to the system and could sell me the parts i needed then, may save people trouble shooting different dealers.

#78 UKChris

UKChris

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

Sorry I have been away

i ordered mine from FordPartsOnline, just told him the part number, never mentioned any info about my car, it came to about £35 including p&p
I am really chuffed with my new button, just have to find something else to !Removed! on about.

Chris

#79 DumboBattyhead

DumboBattyhead

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCI

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

.................... just have to find something else to !Removed! on about.

Chris

Here's my current favorite !Removed!.
Disabling Auto Wipers For Good

The Auto-wipers get confused by dirt & flies, and are not designed to be used during snow or when the roads have been salted (information source UK Fiesta manual page 39), but instead of keeping the intermittent wipe function that can work in all conditions Ford removed it.

I'd pay to be able to go back to just intermittent wipe if I knew what needed replacing.

#80 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

Sorry I have been away

i ordered mine from FordPartsOnline, just told him the part number, never mentioned any info about my car, it came to about £35 including p&p
I am really chuffed with my new button, just have to find something else to !Removed! on about.

Chris

Why not get a set of mist type jets while your working on the switch you might aswell upgrade them too mate, Click Here B)

#81 UKChris

UKChris

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

If there was a way to get the heater part working. that would be great for the winter

#82 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

If there was a way to get the heater part working. that would be great for the winter

There is and it doesnt envolve buying looms and parts from ford followed by paying them £50 to activate the heaters control unit on the Gem. F That!!

Click Here their tried and tested mate, on the market nearly four years since i read about this brand of heater

Heats the fluid to 65oC in 30 Seconds as it flows through it's filter ''Probably the best performance Mod available for the fiesta'' :P
.....Sorry had to type that mate :D

''my car can heat water from O-65 oC in 30 Seconds, Cup Of Tea Anyone?"

On a serious note though I reckon this may be an easier option than buying looms from ford, no need to run extra cables or anything.

It's guaranteed to fit your car and with the same if not better results.
simply filters the pipe coming out of your water pump to the jets cut the cable hook one to the inlet socket and one to the outlet,
hook positive and negative to a switch either in the car or in the engine bay then to a 12v supply job done

And if you ever decide to sell the car, this can be easily removed and placed in the new car.

#83 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4 (3 Door)
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

Going to order mine tomorrow, dad said he will fit it for me lol :D Hopefully it's not difficult as he's rather heavy handed!!

#84 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

All ordered from Alastair :) Nice chap

#85 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

How the heck did you get the gaiter surround off.I can get a screw driver in the front of it and it gives a little but not able to get it out. :angry:

#86 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,608 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

How the heck did you get the gaiter surround off.I can get a screw driver in the front of it and it gives a little but not able to get it out. :angry:

Brute force! Here's a vid I made that may help

http://youtu.be/j1eZvobdqvo

#87 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

Bless you my child that helps so I will go and have a another go. :)

#88 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Just had a go and that didn't go well.The video doesn't show the two clips on either side of the very front of the pastis holding the two sections together so as I tried pulling the gaiter piece upwards it snapped the drivers side on off so I wont be trying that again. :(

#89 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

Just had a go and that didn't go well.The video doesn't show the two clips on either side of the very front of the pastis holding the two sections together so as I tried pulling the gaiter piece upwards it snapped the drivers side on off so I wont be trying that again. :(

Ah kev don't say that :( me dads gunna have a go at it hopefully this weekend or monday if it arrives! Got me worried now lol =/

#90 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

I well !Removed! of.Everyone on here says its an easy job you just pull it up.So I tried and one of the clips that no one mentioned that holds the two sections together snapped clean in half so I not trying again...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users