Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pairing Iphone 4 With Bluetooth

jmbrown91

I don't really use the streaming over bluetooth as I have a USB drive in the car with my music on..but when I have done recently (and tried it with GM iOS 5 installed last night the track info displayed on the screen..

I've been running the BETA's throughout the summer and I'm now running the GM of iOS 5!! Phone calls work as expected and contacts sync fine, however bluetooth Audio streaming is very hit and miss. I can't get track or artist information to display and it takes multiple presses of the "AUX" button before it enters streaming mode. I am also getting "BT Error Reading Audio" message at the start of every track. Didn't really use it before as I have a flash drive but would use the phone if it had streaming all the time. Have tried the usual "Forget this Device" and bonding the phone again and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm also running the ios5 gm and having loads of problems, I get the bluetooth error each time a track starts, after a while the bluetooth streaming will just stop , still appears to be connected but no audio will play without disconnecting / reconnecting same as with phone calls....

Maybe there's a newer firmware from fords I can get them to try?

Bump

Anyone know any more on this? Got the new 4S coming on friday, will be gutted if i will have loads of problems with bluetooth from now on, worked flawlessly on my iPhone 4 till i upgraded to the IOS5 GM.

Is there a way for me to update my radios software without me taking to fords, would they even just do this for me?

I'm another one running the iOS5 GM and having intermittent bluetooth audio problems. Very frustrating as it was fine in OS4. I've found that switching airplane mode on and off again seems to reset the phone bluetooth and it then reconnects.

As it used to work in OS4 and earlier betas, it must be an Apple issue. Possibly something to do with the baseband and firmware? It's possible that the GM didn't include these updates.

I've got the iPhone 4S being delivered on Friday, so it will be interesting to see how that works. Hopefully it will be seamless again.

Siri over bluetooth should be awesome though. If I get a text when driving home I'll be able to say "Read my text" and if necessary reply with a message. How cool is that? Even using the current iPhone speech system is pretty cool. Just press the home button on the iPhone and say something like "Play more songs like this" or "Play songs by Ed Sheeran" and it does it.

It's like we're living in the future.

• 1 month later...

iOS 5.0.1 seems to have solved problems. Or maybe it's just my new car with new bluetooth and thus latest software.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club